F1 Blues

davidgh

better on the eye than jake too !!

Jennie Gow came from motogp too. Don't know why the bbc don't show more of her and lee mac too.

I'm afraid I've gone off motogp a bit. The last couple of years just haven't had the wheel to wheel racing (for more than a couple of corners) that it used to. Also no non-factory winners cuts down on the potential winners. Too many have become processional, maybe down to control tyres? I wonder what Ducati could have done with their carbon monocoque frame if they could have had custom tyres? Could have been revolutionary?

Anyway, thank goodness marc the merciless has shown up, just in time to loose coverage to BT :angry:

Loosing Marco was a real shame too, imagine marco, marquez and Lorenzo going at it with ped picking up the odd flag to flag win (although I doubt he'd be on a factory bike) and Rossi lurking ready for a scrap on any weakness.

Sorry for drift, although the tyre think was relevant :blush:

Yep agree Suzi can do no wrong, in my humble opinion that is.

Bob :p  :love:  is that lustfull enough

They have tried to make the tyres last a certain distance to encourage stops/overtaking/tactics etc but the amount and extent of the delaminations is a bit dangerous now, time to change the tyres

If it makes the sport dangerous I'm sure the drivers association would have already raised the issue. No place for foolhardy marketing ploys. 

Bob :no:  

It's all about as exciting as watching an economy run.  OK in F1 now they have to make their tyres last to the extreme, may as well be trying to make the fuel last instead. 

Dull   Dull    Dull

There's much better racing available to watch.

Don't be too quick to knock Suzi Perry. She's a bike rider, a good one, very knowledgable about all things technical. She got shunted out of the (now terrible ) Gadget Show for a younger clueless blonde bimbo.

For one am glad to see her back presenting Motorsport ( she did MotoGP for a while and really knew her stuff ).

And for some strange reason had no difficulty getting interviews with any of the riders.

I was watching grand prix architects with max moseley. In around 2006 the teams were spending £1.5bn a year on engine development, and gaining about 20bhp for it. That's the cost of deregulation. To be honest, last year it was almost spot on. I think if the pirellis just lasted a bit longer it would be great again.

Turn F1 off and watch BIKES!

BSB & WSB.............real racing with real heroes. :)

I agree, but I really enjoy the lower level racing, ginetta cup's the most fun to whatch. Watching WSB out paces anything else for speed, passing and adrenaline. However a bunch of go kart racing teenagers in ginetta's is entertaining.

I completely agree with all your views about F1, and even to go and watch a race will cost a small fortune I think a race ticket for Silverstone this year is £145 and that's not even for a grandstand. How can they justify the cost when you can get a ticket for the le Mans 24hr for €70 and £35 for the 1000km at Silverstone. For those of you that like motorsport and have never watched a world endurance championship (WEC) race you don't know what your missing 4 category's of car running the same race and innovation is encouraged, there is a 56 garage at Le man's just for new technology cars last year saw the Nissan delta wing and this year a hydrogen car is running http://www.racecar-engineering.com/news/hydrogen-car-to-race-at-le-mans-in-2013/

and the current leaders in the prototypes are audi running oil burners. F1 has a lot to learn from this...

Agree about Suzie Perry, and I've never noticed anything to suggest she lacks in technical knowledge, either in F1 or before that MotoGP.

I think F1 is potentially much more exciting to watch with the DRS and KERS, but they really do have to do something to make the tyres last a bit longer than 4 or 5 laps. Surely we all want to see the quickest drivers and the quickest cars racing for the podium places, not this economy run style of racing. Sure, those who are least hard on their tyres should have some potential advantage, but it shouldn't be the "be all and end all" of the whole race and racing strategy. 

Didn't I hear that Pirelli were asked to make the tyres short life so as to add more fun?

• 2 weeks later...

I recon they should be issued with one set of tyres that have to last for a minimum of three races including practice, just like normal people and just like their engines and gear boxes, they could still have a couple of mandatory three second pit stops which have to be taken between certain laps so the tactics will still apply. But then I think there should be no limit on engine size just a weight to engine cc ratio and a limited amount of fuel.

no no no not limits on fuel , weve been down that road before , was worse than the current tyre situation , cars cruising around in fuel save mode to save fuel instead of rubber :arse:  

We need to get shut of Aero aids esp them stupid front wings that stop close racing and fall apart at the lightest touch . Have big sticky slick tyres that last a whole race and give maximum  mechanical grip ( like what they had in the 70's / 80's  ) give 'em all a gear lever and get shut of silly arcade style steering wheels and pit radio ? how can anyone give 100% concentration on racing when they are busy talking to mummy and daddy about the next pay day  and goodness me ban pit stops , lets see races won on the track where they should be not by a fs computer :t-up:

Few decent points PB!

Remove the radio!

Ditch the games arcade steering wheel and have the car set up for the day! The team tactics should be in the setting up of the car not the order of tyre selection!

Leave out rules on tyres. Have a set per weekend of each compound and if a team wants to use one set of hard for the whole weekend, done. If a team wants to do four pits tops, fine too!

DRS and KERS only makes a race entertaining because everything's in the rule book and I'm shocked they don't have a "empty bowel pre race" rule yet... To unsure safety of something.