F1 Blues

davidgh

They all have the same tyres, even if they are rubbish.  As bad as it is, IMO this is better than when they had two makes, one for most teams and one designed entirely around Ferrari and Scumacher's needs, which was a primary reason he won so often and racing became so dull. 

I find F1 of recent years to be quite dull.

More interesting of late with the (somewhat induced/false) more frequent overtaking etc but still by and large, pretty dull.

I sky plus it but end up watching most of it in fast forward to be honest.

I have no interest in the politics of F1 but it definately is more about tactics/strategy than out right talent on the black stuff.

Dave

Sounds like a RED rag to a prancing pony, Scott  :)

However, in those days all the drivers were at least driving as fast as they could. What depresses me is the sight of some of the best drivers pondling around trying to eke another few laps out of bad tyres.

None of us want to see a return to processional races, particularly as the cars do seem to be generally more reliable. However, I think it was plainly crazy in Spain. The drivers simply can't use their cars' and their own driving abilities.

How can a team get 1st and 2nd places on the grid, and end up in the race with 12th. and a distant 6th.? Hamilton made his feelings quite clear I thought when he was overheard to say to his race engineer that he couldn't drive any slower!! presumably having been told to conserve his tyres.

I really enjoyed BBC coverage with Martin Brundle, Jake, Eddy and DC but this year with half the races, Suzi what's her name and the self destructing tyres I really have lost interest.

Sounds like a RED rag to a prancing pony, Scott  :)

However, in those days all the drivers were at least driving as fast as they could. What depresses me is the sight of some of the best drivers pondling around trying to eke another few laps out of bad tyres.

I agree that the racing is way too artificial these days, couldn't be bothered to watch most of the races this year. :(

I'm no fan of any particular F1 team at all, the whole thing is a political joke, wish I could enjoy F1 again.

David, Suzi might not be as knowledgeable as Jake but by god I know which one I would rather see in a tight pair of jeans. ???  ???

ps can we have a "lusting"emoticon please.

I can understand why all the politics, it's about money.

But wouldn't the sport be better for ALL to watch if the rules were only about safety and let the other things go.

There should be an open channel for all tyre manufacturers to provide F1 tyres. The best would be chosen but I suspect the best for one wouldn't be as good for another. 

If they could do as they pleased about tyre and fuel stops, engine and gearbox designs and brake and suspension design we would see more innovations which would end up in the showrooms. It may also make for more racing.

I didn't bother watching yesterday, but watched the highlights in the evening. Still not sure why Hamilton came in so far behind he was lapped.

huge car fan but i much prefer to watch the moto gp...

coverage much better too.

• Like 1

I can understand why all the politics, it's about money.

But wouldn't the sport be better for ALL to watch if the rules were only about safety and let the other things go.

There should be an open channel for all tyre manufacturers to provide F1 tyres. The best would be chosen but I suspect the best for one wouldn't be as good for another.

If they could do as they pleased about tyre and fuel stops, engine and gearbox designs and brake and suspension design we would see more innovations which would end up in the showrooms. It may also make for more racing.

I didn't bother watching yesterday, but watched the highlights in the evening. Still not sure why Hamilton came in so far behind he was lapped.

Watching all 4 teams that could afford to compete would be really exciting...! It would be nice though.

I wouldn't give moaning F1 teams the time of days. Give them a couple of successful races and they'll go all quiet on it.

matt, I know what you mean but would it cost much more. Precise regs can cost a fortune to comply with. I would hope it's swings and roundabouts.

Don't be too quick to knock Suzi Perry. She's a bike rider, a good one, very knowledgable about all things technical. She got shunted out of the (now terrible ) Gadget Show for a younger clueless blonde bimbo.

For one am glad to see her back presenting Motorsport ( she did MotoGP for a while and really knew her stuff ).