Piccies from Stoneleigh - post yours here

Cleggy the Spyder Man

You have to be kidding jeff about those DNA cars ... The signs were everywhere when you started looking how about the fake brake discs and brake covers or the engine that was made of plastic?

The regs are only going to get stricter which is sad

You and I know where to look for the signs, but most people will only look at the body and as such they were pretty good fakes. For those who want them you cannot take away the workmanship that they put in to create the illusion but the legality of them is questionable as is the morality.

As for Cobras and Stratos replicas, I agree not really in the same division as those current models being copied.

I'm confused, so is creating a pretty solid replica of a Ferrari actually illegal? Do they actually crush replica's in Italy? 

I'm confused, so is creating a pretty solid replica of a Ferrari actually illegal? Do they actually crush replica's in Italy? 

As far as I am awre it is only legal if you have permisson to do one from the manufacturers. Two cars in the last couple of years have felt the weight of Aston Martin and Bentley and withdrew there cars from the market, as did the valdaris which was too close to the KTM Xbow for comfort.

I have read that a couple of replicas in Italy were crushed due the their reaction over there, which is why I have found it strange that Ferrari are not all over this like a rash, unless they take the view that they are flattered by it.

You have to be kidding jeff about those DNA cars ... The signs were everywhere when you started looking how about the fake brake discs and brake covers or the engine that was made of plastic?

At Donington I quite loudly (oops) pointed out the plastic brake discs on rear wheels and actually laughed out loud while pointing at the plastic engine!

What made me cringe was the muppets in Ferrari jackets, shirts, glasses, hats, socks and trainers... All of which looked like cheap knock offs!

What I love about westfield's and similar, ok may be a lotus rep, but nobody's trying to be something they're not. Be like me sticking turbo stickers all over the place.

As far as I am awre it is only legal if you have permisson to do one from the manufacturers. Two cars in the last couple of years have felt the weight of Aston Martin and Bentley and withdrew there cars from the market, as did the valdaris which was too close to the KTM Xbow for comfort.

I have read that a couple of replicas in Italy were crushed due the their reaction over there, which is why I have found it strange that Ferrari are not all over this like a rash, unless they take the view that they are flattered by it.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery I guess :d but interesting all the same!

One of my pics :) or to be precise 3 sticked together :)

pano5.jpg

Thanks for taking my picture Cleggy :blush:  :blush:

I now see why you call yourself 'Spiderman' - how long are your arms?? :d  :d

Rory's Dad

A few pics from me  :)

01_zpsd6867c2f.jpg

02_zpsc34ccbb5.jpg

03_zps2bf62f0b.jpg

04_zps2be56e45.jpg

05_zps2c6ef549.jpg

06_zps9dbad49d.jpg

10_zpsf0f5dda0.jpg

Like this one the best my SEiGHT next to original factory demonstrator SEiGHT  :love:

11_zps4b94057d.jpg

Nice pics bud and phew I see you managed not to get me  :)

Got me though, Phil, only missed you by a couple of feet....  Mrs FBB says that's the look when I'm lecturing someone, I was only asking if they wanted tea or coffee, it's an important decision... :)

CJH_2830_443Edited_zps7ebc5f0d.jpg

So, in return I shall unashamedly post a picture of my own car!

Stoneleigh13001.jpg

I won't win any praise for my photography skills but here's a few snaps from me taken in a hurried moment:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Thanks for taking my picture Cleggy :blush:  :blush:

I now see why you call yourself 'Spiderman' - how long are your arms?? :d  :d

Rory's Dad

they're long - a position in the circus awaits :d

That sticker looks to be slightly to one side :)

• Like 1

How many WSCC members does it take to apply a sunburst logo to a nose cone?

How many WSCC members does it take to apply a sunburst logo to a nose cone?

One.....

But it took many more to tell him it wasn't straight :p

• Like 1