BMW z3 anygood?

wacomuk

Mileage isn't the issue here, the CLK hails from the generation of Mercs that had corrosion issues. Some had extensive panel replacement work under warranty from mercedes which ought to have helped, but if you do consider it, take a very close look at bottom of doors, wheel arches, rear valence etc.

Ben 

we looked at a couple of clk's a few years back and all had rust issues. from what i could gather from 97 to 01 the paint was a new water based type which was easliy chipped off

this one is an 02 the face lift model, i had thought they had fixed the rust issues by 2002?

I know they did improve things, but don't know the specifics. Give it a good looking over including the history for any evidence of warranty work is all I can suggest.

Ben

We have a 2.2 Z3, never misses a beat,great car if you use it as it was intended. Its not a track car but a car to nip down to tescos and grab all the essential hair are products for your salon.    They are good fun and look alot of car for the bucks,might be selling mine soon.

We have a 2.2 Z3, never misses a beat,great car if you use it as it was intended. Its not a track car but a car to nip down to tescos and grab all the essential hair are products for your salon.    They are good fun and look alot of car for the bucks,might be selling mine soon.

Hope this wasn`t one of your  ` bargain buys`.....if you know what I mean.?.  ;)

I did take my 2.2 Sport on a track day when it was too cold for the Westfield (December). It handled quite well, and the only real concern was the brakes not being up to the repeated abuse.

Z3 is a mint factory specd car, only my westy is a ****ter, lol

Speaking to the misses today she says she wouldn't mind a range rover.

It's seams you can get late rover ones for around 3k but are they any good ?

My dad has had rovers for years 827's 620's and 75's and never really had any major problems. It would need to be a propper one not a diesel

The P38s can be trouble. Some are ok, but most are a bit of a nightmare. Great if you like tinkering!

I had a classic but not of 3k value, more 900 quid value. To be fair if you can find a well looked after one I can't see it giving massive amounts of wallet bashing. Certainly one to go into with an open mind of course

Blimey.........started off looking for reasonable little roadster......

now looking at dinosaurs......

Look at DAVE on TV.....Old Top Gear....cool wall.....most wives really just want COOL.

Good luck,you`ll find something...I know of an Alpha spider 1989,older restoration.Its my sister-inlaws....may be able to steal it ???

We had a Range Rover. It was towed to the dealer 13 times in 12 months. HM refused to use it after the last breakdown. It cost me £12,000 for on'e years nightmare. Some of the faults were dangerous. Like the engine shutting down with a fault light on and losing PAS and brakes.

My wife doesn't really have normal wife taste in cars. If she had her way she would have a 60's Cadillac with a big block engine or a v10 dodge viper

Then look for one of those. Best not to disappoint the little lady ;)

My partner has a TT roadster, but really wants a corvette stingray!

Ben

My 1998 RR Vogue (my second, and to date my last), bought new, was returned to the dealer more times in the 30 months I had it than all my other cars combined have been over the last 25 years. And I know I was not the only one to have such issues. Met some very pleasant AA men, though.

Quality has been completely transformed in the last decade  --  but I'd be a little careful of that vintage.

David, A lot of the problems with HM's RR was down to the dealers lack of knowledge. I won't go through it all suffice to say that it took 3 times being towed in before someone diagnosed the reason the fan belt was coming off was that the tensioner was jammed.