BMW z3 anygood?

wacomuk

We are thinking about getting a small cheap second daily car.

i have been looking at BMW Z3's, i know nothing about them, has anyone owned one? what are they like?

No particularly cheap for parts etc and not that great on the whole. The larger 6 cylinder and M versions make up for the rest but your average 1.9 4 cylinder sucks

If they are poo recommend me a car for under £3k something a bit interesting nothing boring like a fiesta ect

must admit not not very desirable IMO and pretty ugly (just my opinion though so no offence)

I guess although I hate to say it MX5 is probably the most sensible option

or if you want to live dangerously and want something sexy how about alfa romeo spider :cool:

Get a z4 over a z3. The 3l is a cracking engine

The car every Porsche Boxster owner should have bought instead.....me included.. :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:

Hmm...

This?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111052785170?redirect=mobile

If you want a little less work...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-P5b-rat-rod-hot-rod-restoration-/251265333988?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3a8094bae4

But under 3k, might be able to get an S2000. I had one and it was pretty bad to drive, amazing engine! But felt big and sluggish compared to the Robin Hood I had before and the Westfield I owned at the same time.

Umm... BMW 3 series from late 80's? E30 I think. Be £2,500-£3,00 now, in 5 years be worth £5,000-£7,000. Saw it on Fifth gear last night!

Mx5, very good choice!

Look like a kiddy fiddler or hair dresser... But a very good car.

the wife wont entertain a MX5 that was my 1st suggestion

I have been looking at Alfa GTV's. i have never owned an Alfa

also been looking at lexus soarer's

we dont do a lot of mileage so older classic cars are an option 

Steer clear of the Amercanese Lexus! Had full blown pub argument with a owner of a brand now IS 200 diesel. Going on about how great American cars are...

I think a triumph spitfire 1600... Oh, daily use... Go for an Alfa Romeo 145 cloverleaf. They shift, loved mine. Had a 145 cloverleaf followed by a 156 GTA a few years back. Regretted the swap, 145 was more fun.

MR2 if you don't need any space. Celica 190 if you do. Old SLKs are pretty but also pretty expensive if things go wrong. S2000 would be a solid choice.