LYDDEN

RICHARD+PHILIP

Blatters,

Sounds like it has to be a shagged starter.

Just out of interest did you find out what Lydden's refund policy is as I may also pull out since my car is giving me good blue rinse every time I run it.

Not yet. The event sec is supposed to be ringing me (well, Blatgirl actually, 'cos I'm at work.....) between 19.00 and midnight (my preferred times....) tonight. As soon as I know, I'll post it up.

Shagged starter, yeah, quite probably.....and no-one makes an uprated one (or at least, if someone does, I haven't found it yet) that'll fit without me having to modify my sump.....

Ho hum........

Cheers Mate,

What is your Comp ratio ? My VX turns over real quick with just a Halfords special and I am running about 11.8:1. Maybe just a good working normal one would move it over.

Yep. That's the plan for tomorrow. I'm looking to see if the diesel or auto starters are a) more powerful, and b) will fit....

Blatters,

Have you checked your battery voltage during cranking? It may not be giving enough to allow the electronics to run?

Try Rally Design for red top batteries - they are much cheaper than Demon Thieves. If you are going to Lydden on Friday they are on the way down so you could pick one up.

Windy

Windy

Yup, checked the cranking voltage. No electronics to mess up though, only the Lumenition magnet........I have a Yuasa battery that is supposed to be pretty good (thanks GeeFin :) ) so we'll see. New starter to try too, so that should see it going........but not until Sunday at the earliest....

We are going to Lydden, though, in the 'T' car. See y'all there........ :)