Thatcher dead

Norman Verona

She just cannot win even in death. Whilst she was still alive people were starting to discuss wheter she should have a state funeral. She said she did not want one but can you imagine all the world digniteries that are coming over to her funeral all getting into highgate crem? The queen and Duke of Edinbrugh are going so it needs to be a certain size which is what is happening.

Sadly all her death has done is stir up all the hatered, misinformed conjecture and bile. Even her most ardent opponents have said that she did what she belived was right for the country and was loyal to it. I have found it sad to hear young people spouting the story their parents told them as if it was true.

I will be glad when it is over.

who gives a chuff ,she died ,people die every day

Steve.There`s always someone who cares......just like we did for you a little while ago.

Jesus Christ there's some **** on this thread.  Can't we just remember and accept that she was the last actual LEADER this country had from when we used to have politicians that acted like statesmen rather that twitter nunneys.

May she deserves a big funeral just because she was a she PM ?  First and last maybe ?

MIke

Sorry i have obviously offended you mike, thought a little ironic humour may have brought a smile to peoples faces! I was wrong.

But sure Norm said everyones entitled to there opinion! everyone sharing so i have

Shes gone now and as you all say will never be forgotten! For me the discussion/debate or thread whichever it is now seems very one sided!

As i said didnt intend to upset or annoy anyone

Steve.There`s always someone who cares......just like we did for you a little while ago.

im not saying no one cares but is there really any need for all this , she's dead ,its sad yes after all she did but people seem to be taking it very seriously

Jeff, I agree totally that  "she did what she believed was right for the country and was loyal to it."

That doesn't make it right.

The point I make is that it's not for politicians to directly "take on" unions and to close down industries. It is politicians job to create the environment that enables others to get corrupt unions to toe the line and not to rule their members with fear. It's the directors of companies, private or public to decide which way their company goes. 

The end result would have been the same but at least Thatcher would not be seen as the villain by so many who were affected.

Of course she was a strong leader, but I don't think that's the point.

By the way I also agree with you about Blair and, to a lesser extent Brown. I find it difficult to understand Camerons policies. However, there will be a really good budget before the next election and he will get re-elected. 

very sad anyone goes.

but on aside... i just heard one of my wife friends was devistated at reading twitter and seeing thatcherdead thinking it was That Cher

It is a little-known fact that manufacturing output actually went up during her time in office, despite the necessary liquidation of so many unviable plants.

British factories boosted their output by 7.5pc between the second quarter of 1979 and the third quarter of 1990, when she left Downing Street, according to the Office for National Statistics. Output had grown another 4.9pc by the start of 1997, when the Tories were booted out.

The real decline happened under Labour: in the second quarter of 2010, when Gordon Brown left office, the output of UK factories was fractionally lower than it was when Thatcher took her last, tearful ride in that ministerial Jaguar. It was significantly lower than when John Major left.

Total industrial production including coal rose even more substantially under Thatcher than just manufacturing, thanks to North Sea oil. Far more miners lost their jobs, and far more mines were shut, in the 1960s and 1970s than during Thatcher’s time in office.

Britain is suffering from a bout of collective amnesia.

From an article on Yahoo finance...

• Like 1

From an article on Yahoo finance...

popcorn.gif

Cheese and onion kettle crisps for me please. ;)  ;)

Careful MOTCO, someone else on here has the popcorn monopoly :oops:  :d

Ooops! A demarcation dispute already! :d

So we have 7 pages of debate over Thatcher and not one bad word.

Then we have an argument over popcorn!

I was going to let the " unnecessary war" quote go Norman as I suspect it was a wind up. Suspect you may have got away with it.

Break out the popcorn Gadgers

Bob :d  :d