2.0 litre Engine wanted ....

woody

Hi All ....

Looking to change my 1.6 OHC in the Westie with something a bit quicker ... maybe a 2.0 litre zetec?

Any suggestions where I may find one suitable or does anyone have one for sale?

Cheers

Woody

I have a spare one in my garage that i might be willing to sell, been thinking about what to do with it... otherwise ebay may be a good source.

There are crated engines (2ltre zetec) going for £760 at a company called kit car spares (I think! - or kit builder spares). A few from here have had them.

Do a quick search on 'crated engines' here because there was a recent thread on this which you might find informative.

Buy yourself an old Mondeo.

Work out the cost before you start ! Figure on about £2k plus the engine. A 2.0 pinto would be a cheap swap and avoid all the bits that cost £2k

Buy yourself an old Mondeo.

Work out the cost before you start ! Figure on about £2k plus the engine. A 2.0 pinto would be a cheap swap and avoid all the bits that cost £2k

I' e known a few pinto/CVH owners wanting to go zetec/duratec. Not one did in the end. I have known of people here do a swap... But I had pinto, previous owner put a T3 turbo on it and had 173bhp... But it ended in a cloud of smoke that filled the M5 one day!

In my personal opinion I would look at RS2000, RS1800 or RS turbo lumps to swap in. You have all the ancillaries, mounts, looms, fuel lines and everything you need. As hammy said, £2 grand's worth of bits.

However I'm sure someone will say I'm wrong and have another view on things. You can put everything from a 600cc bike engine to a 5ltr V8 in a Westfield, depends how much money you have!

I've just taken the pinto out of mine to do conversion to duratec.

Got most of the bits need just need to sell all the pinto parts now to pay of the credit card.

• Like 1

Got an ex-scholar zetec engine sat in the garage if you are interested?

Was in my race car until dad upgraded it.

155bhp ish. Built up by Stanwood Engineering. Doesn't come its a sump.

Used it for the Westfield race series before changing series (and so engine).

Let me know if you are interested.

My dad did, a 1600 CVH to 1800 zetec (2000 zetec would be the same price)

£100 engine, but as stated before, by the time you've added mods such as exhaust, bike carbs, ECU, etc...... 2K approaches pretty fast.

on a personal level, I would suggest a silver top over a black top zetec. but others may say otherwise.

Thanks Guys .... Might take a look at some RS2000 engines ... see what is about. Is there anywhere else to look or is ebay the best bet?

Cheers

Woody

My 155bhp 2.1 pinto will be available shortly. It has a burton head, rally cam and Westfield shallow line sump. I'm going down the XE route and have bought a comp spec engine already to fit. Just need a kick up the bum to get on with the swap!!

Hi Griffith..... Will this pretty much drop straight in as a replacement for my current engine?

What kind of cash are you looking for?

Cheers

Woody

• 1 month later...

Hi Woody

I have a 2.0lt Blacktop Zetec which could come with ZX7 bike carbs on a Danst manifold, Megajolt ECU etc everything you need and bolts straight onto a type 9 gearbox, can be seen running and driven if you like before it comes out, just been on the dyno 155bhp pm me if interested.

Martin

I have a 1.8 black top zetec sat in my garage doing nothing. I was told it had done 75k when I bought it but I have no proof of this but my plan was to strip it and re build it to a very high spec so wasn't concerned! I paid £50 (the starting bid on ebay as it was wrongly listed) so long as its of use to you and your happy with the same amount its yours or if not its obviously available to all!

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.