Abu Qatada

jeff oakley

It's OK, you're allowed unlimited rants, not limited to one on Saturdays. ;)

Members maketh the club, that's for sure - glad you're enjoying yourself.  :t-up: 

Graham, I agree with all you say.

Except one thing.

We are all to blame as you say, BUT we have it in our power to elect a party that will do the right thing and look after the British people. By that I mean all colours, creeds and religions who are settled in the UK and accept that they are now British.

I also understand that there doesn't appear to be such a party to vote for. So we need a new party, maybe called the Common Sense Party who do not have a 100 years of baggage and doctrine to carry around. This party will do the common sense things and not follow any particular doctrine. Just do what's right and ensure that they use our money to look after us.

Am I dreaming?

Graham, I agree with all you say.

Except one thing.

We are all to blame as you say, BUT we have it in our power to elect a party that will do the right thing and look after the British people. By that I mean all colours, creeds and religions who are settled in the UK and accept that they are now British.

I also understand that there doesn't appear to be such a party to vote for. So we need a new party, maybe called the Common Sense Party who do not have a 100 years of baggage and doctrine to carry around. This party will do the common sense things and not follow any particular doctrine. Just do what's right and ensure that they use our money to look after us.

Am I dreaming?

Dreaming.....maybe.

But going back to a topic I posted acouple of months ago......watch BORIS...now he has declared an interest in No.10!

We have no way of electing people of our views. When they want your vote they will promise everything and anything but once elected they tow whatever party line is thrown out and we can do nothing effectivly for 5 years. I am in regular communication with my MP who just passes on the same message as we here from the spin Doctors however, I feel I am trying, but the next election will feature immigration as a battle ground as it is clear that it is a huge issue that the main parties are now drawing battle lines upon. We now have the news that Croatia will join the EU so once again another mass of people who ar eligble for free NHS and welfare. We are the laughing stock but we have negotiated away any rights to self control over this issue.

It is the same with councils but at least we can speak to them, South Glos seem hell bent on rducing all speed limits to 50mph or lower, they forced green bins on us and now want to charge extra for them to be emptied at the same time as increasing the rates. And yet most people just accept it as inevitable , which I refuse to do. I have objected to every change in speed limit and to anything else I disbelive or do not agree with.

But after all that the local council refused planning permission for a pikey camp down a small lane, it was appealed and refused again, they took it to goverment who passed it, so much for democracy when a faceless wonder in whitehall can over rule the local will and elected people.

Everyone needs to get involved and complain. The people like Brake, the do gooders and the PC brigade have the ear of goverment via lobbyists who are doing a very good job of distorting what the public want and that is fairness.

Jeff, if you local authority committee that set speed limits is like teh South Yorkshire one that I had insight to then half the Councillors didn't drive! 

We all know that our politicians work the system to get re-elected. On that basis it's time someone stood up and said enough is enough and formed a party that wasn't self serving.

To be honest, I never realised how poor our democracy is until I came here. All local issues are decided on by the mayor  Each village commune has a mayor and, other than the big towns and cities, they are only paid expenses. Ours is a local farmer. Not even the President can overrule a mayors decision. The politicians fully understand that they have to look after the French people, that's what they've been elected to do and that's what they do. Sure, they have to make unpopular decisions but most people understand that sometimes they can't have it all.

My current gripe is that we are all being told the countries in debt and we must cut our services and pay to pay back the money. However I see little sensible cuts to government itself. There are numerous things that can be changed to reduce the huge civil service and other costs.

Scrapping VED and putting a few pence per litre extra tax on fuel will; a) reduce the civil servants administrating the collection, free up Police in making sure everyone has paid the tax, decriminalise  the many who don't pay it, make all the foriegn cars and lorries pay to use our roads. Now if you wanted to get really smart you could ring fence a percentage of this additional tax for the local authorities who could only use it for road maintenance. 

Next, add the TV licence to the Local Council tax so every property pays it. No additional collection costs, no TV ad campaigns and no households not paying.

Reduce our armed services to similar levels of our European neighbours. We ceased being a world power in 1945, why do we still have a huge defence budget. Who are we defending ourselves against.

It would be easy to issue everyone who is eligible for a NHS card. No card, no free service. Problem here though is it may cost more to collect money than the money collected.

Stop all the translation services paid for mainly by local authorities and the NHS. 

By the way, we didn't get any medical benefits in France until the UK government issues a certificate which costs them somewhere in the region of £2500 per annum per person covered. This wasn't issued until one of us reached UK retirement age. Up to that point we had to pay 100% for our medical costs. So how can France do it but we can't?

It's all a dream, nothing will change. No minister will agree to reduce his/her empire. Maybe we should pay them more for the getting smaller ministries. 

I bet there are not many politicians who secretly would disagree with slotting the bas***d. They have to show they are responsible people who don't do things like that. Pauls Manc rant was exceptional and a few others, all saying just about the same thing, get rid of him.

Bob :(

Norman , we cant do any of the above , its how the country works now we have no industry = nothing to export , we sell services , all of the above are services each dept employs people , millions of em in gvernment and  they all pay taxes . Even if it is stupid its the way the country runs :t-up:

We have no way of electing people of our views. When they want your vote they will promise everything and anything but once elected they tow whatever party line is thrown out and we can do nothing effectivly for 5 years.

I have said it before and will keep on saying we (the people) should demand that a party manifesto becomes a legal binding document.

I bet there are not many politicians who secretly would disagree with slotting the bas***d. They have to show they are responsible people who don't do things like that. Pauls Manc rant was exceptional and a few others, all saying just about the same thing, get rid of him.

Bob :(

Bob I fully understand that most of our politicians want him out, so why dont they just man up and say to the pc brigade. "We dont care we want him gone", then put him on the next plane out, and deal with the consequences later.

There is certainly a trend on here that suggests he be " removed" ! I would go further to tell his family that if he doesn't behave then they all get a ticket out of here.

Political correctness has gone too far ! I learned at school on a blackboard. They are no more and whiteboards should be just as unPC.

Don't get me started !!!

In my first post I said "him and his extended family"

get the feck1n' pi$$ taking leeches out of here, anywhere, who gives a S***.

Paul agreed, if the law doesn't fit then change the law, as long as it doesn't affect the majority of real subjects/citizens.

This has been going on far too long, its obvious that when people post " to take the guy out" is just a statement of frustration as to threaten violence is not lawfull, but I would guess there are far more people in this country who support the notion of removal to somewhere else, but then again the religious majority is probably quite close. It would be interesting to get the Islamic stance on this, it seems to have ben quiet from that quarter. 

Bob