Speed Series - List 1B, aeroscreens, dog-boxes

gee_fin

Replying to Blatman's post further up this trail.

Straight Cut boxes surely could not be used in the "standard" Road class - they would have to move to the "modified" class.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• gee_fin

• ACW

• SteveD

Hmmmmmm. Many Se7en drivers have straight cut synchro boxes on the road, and never see a competitive piece of tarmac. A straight cut dog box is a different matter, IMO.

Not sure I understand this "Standard Road" class at all. What the #### does a standard road Westfield look like.

The only possible definition would be a factory built car with no changes to spec. There's not many of those about so why worry about it.

Almost everyone interested in competing will have built their car (or at least modified it in some way or another) so its not Standard Road anymore.

Classes 2A and B are for Road Modified Cars and as such they have to have an MOT, tax and insurance, and be roadgoing in every respect when competing. This means working lights (pointing in the right direction), wipers, washers, horn etc etc.

Straight cut and dog boxes are allowed in this class, but sequential are prohibited by many speed championships.

I still wonder what all this debate is about. Since if you want to run List 1b tyres, aeroscreens and sequential boxes you go into Class 3. It's as simple as that. You're not excluded -far from it. You just can't compete (unfairly) against those on List 1A, with windscreens etc.

It would also seem that the majority in the poll agree, although it's hardly a large enough sample to give a statistically significant result.

I still believe that it is very important that the WSS rules are maintained in line with those of other championships. True some only compete in the WSS and you could redefine classes to suit. But at events you must comply with one of the existing classes.

There is some sympathy around for a change in tyre regs already -because it would be cheaper and safer to be using non List 1A rubber, but little strong feeling for allowing aeroscreens and sequential boxes.

Again, it is better to lobby the co-ordinators of the national championships because it is from these that any changes will be lead. You should know, though, that the drive is for convergence of regulations so that all can compete on a level palying field all across the country, rather than divergence -which seems terribly sensible to me!!

Guy

iiiiiiiiii i am going to have to agree with you there guy and i suppose the welsh git aswell :sheep:  :love: