• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Norman Verona

• bhouse

• Rhett Turner - Black Country AO

• Captain Colonial

Thanks, hopefully I'll do it on Sunday. If the disc and caddy don't arrive on Friday then it'll have to wait until next week.

May be too late to consider Norm, but if budget will run to it, a SSD for the OS is well worth the money (with non-system files on the 2TB drive).  The technology seems to have matured a lot, with Intel even going as far as offering a 5 year warranty.

I just rebuilt a laptop with one and it's made a huge difference.  Will do desktop too when I get chance.

If you gave contact details when you registered, sometimes you can get the keys back for your paid software by contacting the software vendor directly.  Might be worth a try.

Coyote, not sure it's worth it. I have close to 200 gb free from the 300 gb disk I have at the moment. 1000 gb will never run out.

I've now retrieved most of the serial numbers I need. 

Many thanks for the ideas.

Ahhh, SSD's aren't really about capacity when used in desktops - it'd be to improve performance (especially at start up).

OK, I understand now. However I don't usually shut it down so no problem waiting for startups.

I'm just concerned that I don't lose any data, especially the photo's and the library of pictures on the web site.