Halfords bargain - today only!

windy

Reserved mine using the discount code but that froze the old pc, phoned up the shop and now have a loverrrrrrly box of shiney bits to play with, got the 10% discount as well £71 not a bad bargain that one well done Windy.

Bob :d  :d :d  :d  :d   :d  :d :d  :d  :d  :d  :d  

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• s2rrr

• windy

• Norman Verona

• Mooch

I'm so tempted :devil:

I could do with a new 1/2' set for work,but there's not much in it and although 3/8' would be nice as well I wonder if I'd be better just spending the money on a comprehensive 1/2' set.

Don't have long to decide...... :(

You know you want to  :love:  :love: :love:  :love:  :love:  our local Halfords just closed. 

Just ordered mine using the discount voucher A13CM03 and thought I'd treat myself to a tool chest whilst I was at it. (Can collect Tuesday)

Thanks...even swmbo'd was impressed! Nuff said :)  

Thanks for the heads up :t-up:

One of the tool chests had a free top section. Black ones semi pro type I think they were. Horse gate & bolted maybe that offer has passed now.

Still shiiiiiiinnnneey though.

Bob :d

Thanks Windy :yes: just been and picked mine up too :cool: the guy on the checkout couldn't believe the price and had to double check that £71.99 really was right :d.

I think when they boxed up my set at the factory they got a bit carried away as I found a few duplicate pieces rolling around in the box that shouldn't have been there :oops: I think my set must be 154 piece!!! :laugh:

I got that too. A torx socket that was a duffer - thrown in the box. I couldn't find where it was supposed to go so it's obviously not meant to be there.

Mine arrived by courier today as requested.  What a bargain and a lifetime guarantee.

Well spotted Windy.

I always aspired to own two socket sets and now I do  :) 

I own a few sets but can never find the socket/spanner I need

• Like 1

Be aware that the lifetime guarantee doesn't apply to the ratchets. 

I own a few sets but can never find the socket/spanner I need

You're just the kind of man Alexander72 likes, Tel  ;)

Be aware that the lifetime guarantee doesn't apply to the ratchets. 

That's OK I can never find the receipt when I want to return a damaged item under some kind of warranty anyway  :bangshead:  

I've got a 7/16" AF ratchet spanner and the ratchet's broken. "Not under warranty Sir"

No real problem but they've stopped making the AF range. 

I've got a 7/16" AF ratchet spanner and the ratchet's broken. "Not under warranty Sir"

No real problem but they've stopped making the AF range. 

Looking at the small print, anything with a moving part isn't covered, so that would rule out the UJs and the swivel head on the breaker bar, too.

Take a tip - if your ratchet is broken, make sure you break another part of it, i.e. like the open ended bit at the other end before you take it back. The ratchet might not be covered but the normal spanner bit is.