Getting in and out with a roof/hood on

KugaWestie

Only trouble is the idea of having a roof is to keep dry - then you get saoked when you roll around on the tarmac getting out :laugh:

I only get out for petrol stations and they all have roofs over them :d

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KugaWestie

• alexander72

• Mark (smokey mow)

• s2rrr

Top Posters In This Topic

Left leg in, followed one one gravity aided and unstoppable movement of backside, shoulders and head, with right leg last in.

Gracious it's not. :d

A few years back I drove over to Cambridge to look at possibly buying a Ginetta G15.  When I turned up it was fitted with a full internal cage that half filled the door space.  We looked round the car, the young racing snake that was selling it slipped into the drivers seat and said let's go for a drive....and I couldn't get in....absolutely no way....embarrassed or what... :down:

Dignified isn't an option if you are a bit large. My diet isn't going very well but is still going. I can't bend like I could when I was younger but can still get in and out. Its all in the mind and better than getting wet. You should also not park too close to anything as it will impede your exit but may shield you from being videoed for You've been framed. Steering wheel made such a big difference, and with the famous lecky mirrors you don' have to get out to do them - Gary star job that one.

Bob :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  

The mirrors has to be credited to smokeymow - his idea, I just fitted them while he was busy filling his garage up with half built cars :d

The mirrors has to be credited to smokeymow - his idea, I just fitted them while he was busy filling his garage up with half built cars :d

PMSL :d but so true :oops::laugh:

FBB i can echo that with a ginetta G4 that was for sale at Northampton Motor Sport... I said if i can fit in it i will think about buying it..... 5 minutes later i wasnt buying it...

now on a serious note - you put your left leg in..... :d 

Watching this one with interest.

I'm a couple of inches taller than Gary so think a zip in the roof may be the answer for me, even if it lets a drip in now and then.

Doug

Watching this one with interest.

I'm a couple of inches taller than Gary so think a zip in the roof may be the answer for me, even if it lets a drip in now and then.

Doug

Thats a bit harsh Doug - calling yourself a drip ;)

Well all my friends do :laugh:  :p

Seriously though, open the door flap, walk backwards at least 10 paces (probably best to mark out your run up after you've found the optimum), run at the door and at the last minute tuck your head down and your knees up into the tucked position, et voila, you're in.....

who is the tallest westy owner I wander... I'm a tiny 6 foot 1 inch and 15 stone with a narrow car.....

this thread is useless without pics  video's  :d

this thread is useless without pics  video's  :d

PMSL