Getting in and out with a roof/hood on

KugaWestie

I think I have worked out a reasonable way to get in and out of my Westy with the half hood and side screens on, but wonder if there is a "standard" way of doing it?

How do you do your in and out :oops: ?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KugaWestie

• alexander72

• Mark (smokey mow)

• s2rrr

Top Posters In This Topic

i get my head and shoulders out leaning backwards with one hand in a cow pat, then dislocate my right knee while getting my left foot wedged under clutch, then spin onto front with both hands on the floor and slip out like an eel.... while being watched by Chaz at stoneleigh and having it written in the magazine....

Note to self - must practice a graceful exit from car in case of future precipitation.....

i get my head and shoulders out leaning backwards with one hand in a cow pat, then dislocate my right knee while getting my left foot wedged under clutch, then spin onto front with both hands on the floor and slip out like an eel.... while being watched by Chaz at stoneleigh and having it written in the magazine....

Note to self - must practice a graceful exit from car in case of future precipitation.....

:laugh:

Have you worked out a better way since last May?

nope - left the roof at home.... i'm not the smallest bloke in the world kuga so whatever i try looks like something off of Africa with Mr Attenborough....

There is no elegant way, just less joint dislocating. Steering wheel off and slide in. Leaning over the passenger seat get the last leg in. Then you find you need to do something outside and have to get out again, normally the garage light. Not easy but its a lot drier than with no roof on.

Do not attempt after a large lunch.

Bob :laugh:

Left leg in first, followed by head and shoulders..... sit :arse: on transmission tunnel, get right leg in...... then sit in seat. 

Aftre a couple of near limb dislocations I've given up with the roof, I'd rather get wet.

Easy for you Mark, you are built like a racing snake, for the more ample chaps its like body origami. But still do-able.

Bob  :d  :d :d  :d  :d  

Left leg in first, followed by head and shoulders..... sit  :arse: on transmission tunnel, get right leg in...... then sit in seat. 

This is how I am doing it - so thats good :d

Getting out so far is as follows - sit :arse:  on tunnel, right leg out, head and shoulders out with right hand on rear arch, semi stand up and pull left leg out

Getting out is easy... Open door then head first onto the tarmac :laugh:

:d  :d :d  :d  :d  :d  :d  :d  

Getting out is easy... Open door then head first onto the tarmac :laugh:

Yes, that works ok but it is not very dignified.

Only trouble is the idea of having a roof is to keep dry - then you get soaked when you roll around on the tarmac getting out :laugh:

Dignified isn't an option if you are a bit large. My diet isn't going very well but is still going. I can't bend like I could when I was younger but can still get in and out. Its all in the mind and better than getting wet. You should also not park too close to anything as it will impede your exit but may shield you from being videoed for You've been framed. Steering wheel made such a big difference, and with the famous lecky mirrors you don' have to get out to do them - Gary star job that one.

Bob :)  :)  :)  :)  :)