Track day Fixture List

Nic Surry

10 hours ago, Gary (KugaWestie) - North Oxfordshire AO said:

Big price hike. I think we paid  than £169 2 yrs ago?

Can you remember who we did that last one with Gary? I've had a quick look at Rocky days currently available and it does seem to be the going rate (or higher). 

In my experience, the cheapest days aren't necessarily the best days. They tend to pack more cars in making it busy on track and queues more likely. 

33 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Can you remember who we did that last one with Gary? I've had a quick look at Rocky days currently available and it does seem to be the going rate (or higher). 

In my experience, the cheapest days aren't necessarily the best days. They tend to pack more cars in making it busy on track and queues more likely. 

Circuit Days with a bit of club discount negotiated by Steve H if my memory serves me right?

5 minutes ago, Gary (KugaWestie) - North Oxfordshire AO said:

Circuit Days with a bit of club discount negotiated by Steve H if my memory serves me right?

Ah right. Well I suppose there's no harm in trying to squeeze some discount out of Rockingham if we can hit them with ten cars again? 

16 minutes ago, RussH said:

I bet CD will do us a discount. 

CD have a Rockingham day, three days before the Oulton day we have planned. A tad close?

A bit early I think, if we want lots of cars. Theres some strange people out there Andrew, who think their cars will melt in the rain! :d

8 minutes ago, RussH said:

A bit early I think, if we want lots of cars. Theres some strange people out there Andrew, who think their cars will melt in the rain! :d

Ha ha! Rockinham's no fun in the rain mind.. ( I have a vid somewhere clattering the Armco in said conditions!)  but I think we're fairly safe in May. Anyway, I've sent them a message re discount.. we'll see what they come back with. 

• Like 1

So... Have just spoken to the Rockingham fella, he'll do 10% off for 5 or more cars, and chuck in a couple of garages free. I think we can squeeze about 8 to 10 Westys in two garages? £175.

If that's Ok, we just need to pick a date.. I think I'd opt for 25th May? and get five names to get the ball rolling. :t-up:

1 hour ago, RussH said:

New thread needed...

1. RussH

I thought I'd try and get to +5 before starting a new thread. Tbf, If we say me plus a possible 2, and RussH we have 4. Anyone care to be number 5?

Are we OK with the date? Friday25th May? My thinking behind that choice of days is, out of the three 105db days in May / June, 3rd May is a Thursday and on the shorter circuit. 7th June is a Thursday preceding a 750mc race meeting.. could be a few racy Hot Hatches etc etc. 25th May is a nice weekend extending Friday, and as far as I can see, there's no racing at the weekend. 

1 hour ago, RussH said:

New thread needed...

1. RussH

I can split off a thread via admin if required :t-up:

4 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

I can split off a thread via admin if required :t-up:

Nah, just stick your name down for No5 and I'll start a new thread. :)

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Nah, just stick your name down for No5 and I'll start a new thread. :)

Rockingham means another over nighter but also a visit to my home town. Need to be careful as they might remember me :d

• Haha 1

Well done Andrew on the discount. You can put me down as a goer .

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 08:30, SootySport said:

Well done Andrew on the discount. You can put me down as a goer .

OK, I'll see if I can get the booking details set up today sometime, and start a fresh thread. 

Friday 25th May Rockingham on the International super sportscar long circuit. :yes:

Edit: Have tried to contact the man, but he's busy with the Autosport show. Shall try again Monday.