Essex Area Monthly Meet - 10th September

Kevin (Mr T)

Forecast for Sunday is looking reasonable and improving every day.

Should be able to make a decision on Friday and agree meeting place/time and a route to North Weald.

• Like 1

Yes it is bumpy there.

where are we going to meet Kevin? Or are we all going to make our own way to the NAAFI

On 01/09/2017 at 17:59, SXRORY said:

Pics? 

i will be there but marshalling . was no point entering has i new there would be no one in my class and cant get any good points for championship. even if i get ftd would only get 6 points  would get 12 for marshalling. no brainer  

2 hours ago, SootySport said:

Yes it is bumpy there.

where are we going to meet Kevin? Or are we all going to make our own way to the NAAFI

Suggest Boreham McDs car park at 8.30am. I will plot a country route to North Weald.

Oh ah!  that's early.     Weather seems ok in the morning so I'll jog along, may go straight to the NAFFI if I arise too late.

4 minutes ago, SootySport said:

Oh ah!  that's early.     Weather seems ok in the morning so I'll jog along, may go straight to the NAFFI if I arise too late.

Happy to make it 9.00am, if you think the extra 30 minutes beauty sleep will help. 

Boreham McD is the wrong direction compared to North Weald from where I am Kev,. I'll probably meet you there. What time are you expecting to get the NAFFI?

1 hour ago, KennyP said:

Boreham McD is the wrong direction compared to North Weald from where I am Kev,. I'll probably meet you there. What time are you expecting to get the NAFFI?

How about the petrol station off the Brook Street roundabout.

5 hours ago, Kevin (Mr T) - Joint Essex AO said:

How about the petrol station off the Brook Street roundabout.

That would be perfect for me and anyone coming from a "southerly" direction, but would that not mean anyone from further north would have the same problem, i.e., a boring trip on the A12 in the wrong direction? 

Perhaps a compromise would be meeting at say.... The George and Dragon Car Park?  I believe that's not to far from you :rolleyes:

Revised meeting point is the George & Dragon car park in Mountnessing (CM15 0TZ) at 9.30am.

We can then take a run through Ingatestone, Fryerning, Highwood, Blackmore, Ongar and on to North Weald for brekkie at about 10.15am.

Please confirm if you are going to join the convoy, so we know who to wait for.

Weather looks fine.

I live in Ongar so will try and meet you guys at North Weald I'll assume you'll get there around 10:15am?

From the George and Dragon though I'd recommend you head to Roxwell from Highwood and then onto Leaden Roding and down to Fyfield.  The Leaden Roding to Fyfield is a great road, nice and smooth and sweeping bends through the countryside.  just hope you don't get stuck behind a tractor!   It's better then the A414 anyway and wouldn't add too much time. The whole route is probably around 50 minutes

• Like 1

I'll have to miss this one but I'm looking forward to meeting you all at The Lodge soon.