How much on beer.

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

Where I am staying there is a group of 6 men also staying here.

The waitress has just told me that they spent over £700.00 at the bar last night.

I don't drink and I cannot comprehend that amount.

12 minutes ago, Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO said:

What exactly are you trying to say.

Most WSCC Members would prefer to sponsor @Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO and @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary to stay in the bar, rather than allow them to get horizontal given their snoring expertise!

• Like 7

unless they were quaffing some mega expensive stuff (or an expensive bar) I find that hard to beleive. At a fiver a pop that's 140 drinks between 6 that's 23 ish drinks each. Or did that include a 3 course dinner each?

I was told that it didn't include the food but it did include buying the bar staff a bottle of wine at the end of the evening.

The bar is in a beefeater restaurant at a Premier Inn.

If this had been in Sweden I could belive it...

Cripplingly expensive place to drink. You can easily spend £10 on a pint. Three 4cl tots of whiskey was £65..!

I went to a wedding a while back good friend of mine with more money than sense. The bar bill from the wedding was over 5000. 125 quid was for duck food the kids were getting it from the bar at £1.25 a bag lol 

3 hours ago, Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO said:

Where I am staying there is a group of 6 men also staying here.

The waitress has just told me that they spent over £700.00 at the bar last night.

I don't drink and I cannot comprehend that amount.

I've seen it done; and without everyone having twenty pints each!

me and my old boss when I first started out, were on a training course at a suppliers. It was traditional for one of the training team leaders, or a sales guy or similar, to take the attendees out for a meal on the first night.

I can't recall just how many of us there were, but half a dozen or so. It was our sales guy that took us.

It was a nice meal, no problems there, not cheap but not stupidly expensive, and of course everyone chose their food, so no pressure on the guy. however, he wanted to order wine for everyone and was embarrassed about knowing very little about wine. My boss on the other hand was something of a connoisseur, so the sales guy took him aside and asked if he'd mind awfully, doing the ordering.

This was fine at first, and then we all got a bit tiddly, specially the sales guy, who was a bit out of it. So the other trainees dared my boss to order ever nicer bottles of wine. He did, and the bill for the evening hit four figures - with two bottles of wine on it that cost hundreds each.

The sales guy just gave my boss, his company card to pay with, which he did.

The funny thing in the morning was my bosses face, realizing what he'd done. Fortunately, he had whatever direct dial or mobile numbers he needed to reach someone senior at the company and difuse the situation, including paying the drinks bill himself. We learnt later, that if he had waited an hour longer our old rep would have got the sack for spending so much. :(

I managed over £900 between 8 of us at Goodwood...

Eta - work paying!

Premier Inn's slogan is  "A great night's sleep guaranteed" and I believe it.

Found out they could have been suffering from cenosillicaphobia.

2 hours ago, DonPeffers said:

Premier Inn's slogan is  "A great night's sleep guaranteed" and I believe it.

Found out they could have been suffering from cenosillicaphobia.

Try saying that after £700 worth of booze :p