wanted s 2000

Barnsley John

With the bidding at £15,500 (Tues pm) it looks to have past the set reserve so at least it's priced to sell.

8 hours ago, Thrustyjust said:

Tom, are you at Gurston on Saturday, as heading down there ?

No mate, im at Prescott on Sat competing.

Will be a longer drive, but thats not a back thing :p 

that car is a guys from locostbuilders his post says his obsession with racing is forcing the sale of the car so seems a genuine reason for sale

He's called Mitch, says he used to be a WSCC member.

Interesting reply via EBay 

Hi Ian I got my wife to have a look at the IVA for...

eBay7?euid=276ace5ec1be4115a7cfd287edfba3f1&

New message from: wozzap (217Turquoise Star)

Hi Ian
I got my wife to have a look at the IVA form. The mass in running order with driver is 705kg. I think the tester weighed the car with him in it and he was a big guy, I would say 100kg. I'm not sure if he used the weight he measured or adjusted it to the standard 75kg driver. What confused me was I thought he said it was 550kg and I subtracted the 20kg of fuel to match the Caterham dry weight.
Hope that helps
Mitch

YOU:

Hi No worries. Fri will be fine.

Cheers,
Ian

wozzap:

Hi Ian
Thanks for the message. I'm working away from home at the moment and I don't have the folder with me, but I can have a look on Friday.
I have the receipts for all that I bought including the engine and box.
Hope that helps
Mitch

YOU:

Car looks to be very nicely built. Could you show my the weight part of your IVA test form as I'm surprised you've got it as low a 530kg. Others I've looked at have been well north of 600kg and I've only seen bike engine cars so low. I'd be very interested to hear how you've achieved this.

Are all the receipts available for the majority of the components used?

Thanks,
Ian

Westfield Mega S2000

Westfield Mega S2000  
Current bid: £15,500.00
Auction ends 23 Apr, 2017 20:21 BST
Bids: 29
Postage: Pickup only
Place bid

So he's guessed the weight of the tester and subtracted his weight and the weight of the fuel.

Given the tester who tested mine and ripped my seat due to his bulk must have been 300kgs, I've now got the lightest Mega S2000 :p using this car weighing method.

• Like 1

Well I was stood next to the tester when he weighed my car, so I think I subtract my weight too, just to be on the safe side!

• Like 2

I made my tester have a poo before weighing ................. I even laced his sandwiches with duolax..........

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Thrustyjust said:

I even laced his sandwiches with duolax..........

Considering how tricky some people can find getting out of Westfields quickly, that was a very brave move :oops:

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - WSCC AO Rep said:

Considering how tricky some people can find getting out of Westfields quickly, that was a very brave move :oops:

Lets be honest, even a fat man wedged in the seat could move like his butt was on fire if the need arose.....................:rolleyes:

I suggested Mitch updates his ad to reflect his weight error as he has:

On 19-Apr-17 at 21:58:11 BST, seller added the following information:

Having looked at the IVA certificate, it seems the weight information give above is incorrect. The dry weight is circa 575kg, but hopefully this massive change in the power to weight ratio won't put prospective buyers off this amazing car

I still feel it's unlikely to be this low either, but at least he's modified it.

Mine at IVA was 740 kg with man sat in it. With full tank , although we did remove tool kit and extinguisher etc. I would guess he was 90 kg , so 650kg with screen , heater and interior is probably about right.

I can't remember my precise figure now - really must weigh it again at some point, but with all loose items removed, BUT, with full underseal, carpets, trim, cavity wax filled chassis etc, (i.e. A heavy car), it was around 675 give or take a few kg.

2 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - WSCC AO Rep said:

I can't remember my precise figure now - really must weigh it again at some point, but with all loose items removed, BUT, with full underseal, carpets, trim, cavity wax filled chassis etc, (i.e. A heavy car), it was around 675 give or take a few kg.

HGV's have a limit on the roads Dave, dont do it !! :d

• Like 2

Mmmmm, £17,750 was the final bid. Wonder if it will appear on a dealer website soon or if someone privately bought it. If I was going to spend that kind of money on a car , then I would look it over and try and do a private deal with the seller, as ebay love stealing money and cash under the nose usually helps. Wouldnt want to cover the paypal fees :d

Well, the winning bidder has a few transactions short of 50,000 so somehow doubt it's a private buyer / enthusiast.

TIme will tell.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.