New member and owner in Norfolk

Andy Dawson

On 05/12/2016 at 17:21, Rory's Dad said:

Dunno what I've done with that last reply :down:

Snowy followed some settings provided by AdamR on Facebook and Snowy said his car was 'transformed". Snowy has 'ahem' a very fast bike and I guess will know about cornering speeds. 

To get Andy on his way I reccomended he follow Adam's suggestions.  I'm sure they will be fine.  Adam knows what he's talking about IMO! :t-up:

I'll start there and see how it goes.  Results on a different thread I suspect, but thanks for the pointers

7 minutes ago, snowy892 said:

Where are you located? 

I'm in North Norfolk, 12 miles north of Norwich

22 hours ago, snowy892 said:

Hi Andy

The set up I got made it feel like a new car I have total confidence in it now. It was done by William at East County Classics in Thetford. 

here's a setup that will suit your car / use. All measurements with - important - your weight in the driver's seat:

Rear camber -0.5 to -0.7 deg, 40 mins toe in.

Front camber 0.5 deg more than the rear, 10 mins toe in.

Front ride height at least 120mm (maximum around 150mm), rear 15mm higher than the front.

That will give you a really good baseline setup (y)

Ref the weight his wife sat in the driver's seat holding a bucket of sand to replicate my weight.........

It cost me £90 

01842 763841.

Hope this helps.

Regards Richard 

Really useful, thanks Richard.  As has been noted by others, it's just something to get me started and go from there, so good to hear this worked well on your Duratec.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Andy Dawson said:

I'm in North Norfolk, 12 miles north of Norwich

I'm down near to Thetford (just South West of it).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Andy Dawson said:

Really useful, thanks Richard.  As has been noted by others, it's just something to get me started and go from there, so good to hear this worked well on your Duratec.  

Andy,

I've heard nothing but good things about Luke Stevens at Team Leos Motorsport in Kentford near Newmarket. I have a friend who races Caterhams and he recommends him. Might be worth considering as it's not too far away. He has all the proper laser alignment equipment.

• Like 1