Westy Narrow Owners Club - The Video

Captain Colonial

Fine work Captain. That song was hypnotic! :suspect::t-up:

It's "Dervish D" by Vangelis.

Oscar nominations for 2012

Film Editing: The Artist, The Descentants,The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Hugo,Moneyball and Westfield Narrow Owners Club (WNOC) - The Video

Looking forward to seeing you with Mrs Captain Colonial on the red carpet.

Don't forget in your acceptance speech all the stars whom made it all possible lol.

Great Movie

OK, revised version now on line (first post amended and video repeated here):

Been working on this for a couple of months now. Always had this song in mind for a possible narrow video, but the pain in the backside was the timing. All the WNOC badges needed to go in, but they had to do so out of order so that the badge background colours changed regularly for a good effect, as there were clumps of red, yellow and green badges if they had been done in numerical order. Then had to time the badges to fit the music, so each badge is either 4 or 5 frames long @24 fps.

Then to the photos of the cars themselves. The members have been emailing me their car photos for a few months now. Some of them were already brilliant and needed no adjustments (Aidan Place, take a bow). Most of them needed colour balancing, light adjustment and cropping to meet my standards. Almost every one of them needed the number plates to be airbrushed out for security, so it was a matter of colour sampling each plate's background so it didn't scream "different". One of you has a camera where the light and colour balance are so appalling that said camera should be shot between its pixels immediately.

Then the issue of image numbers - some members sent in one photo. Others sent 2-5 photos. A few others sent me dozens. All were gratefully received, and I would have been happy with even more to do more changeovers. But I had to balance numbers here as well - I could have easily made a single video just out of the photos Mark sent me of the Tangerine Tornado. Again, I wanted to mix up the colours to make it more stimulating so members could be surprised if their car showed up.

Finally, timing the photos to the music. Most of the photos are timed at 5 seconds + 4 frames long. but because of music beat irregularities, I had to adjust each photo from +1 to -3 fps to make it fit. Every time I changed one photo, I had to re-watch the entire video to make sure it worked and fit.

Naturally, an error cropped up that Cleggy and Smokey found, and I had to change the video today, plus I wasn't happy with the timings on the turn sequence anyway, so I adjusted that as well, and also flipped a few photos around.

Anyway, a labour of love that I hope is enjoyed. My thanks to everyone who sent in photos:

AidanPlace

blackST

bioman

greenandmean

Hammy

Lumme!

malc

markcoopers

marky g

Meakin

Mid Life Crisis

Nice Blue Westy!

nickw2000

Pistol

prs_xflow (OK, I nicked those)

Steve Marsh

Steve Sapwell

Stuart Hill

Welly Jen

Young Pretender

Matt Seabrook - sorry the photos you sent were corrupted - I waited for more from you but to no avail!

And to anyone else I forgot as well, thanks, couldn't have done it without you.

Hope this eventually gets picked up on the Videos page of the WSCC website (hint)!

Thanks for the kind words as well, much appreciated!

Cheers,

Scott

just watched again :t-up: makes me wanna go out and buy a narrow

Not even a talented octopus could have knocked that tune up on the old pianola!

Your spot on with the music track, Watched It 5 times already must down load that track for Ipod

Well done Captain

Well done captain, when I eventually have a narrow that looks like a car I'll sort you out with some pics :d

Well done Capt'n, great to see all the cars behind the narrow club :love:

Also had the first chance to use the new 'Like' button, no idea what I've achived but its another button pressed!

• Like 1