Blyton Thanks

John Williams (Panda) - Joint Manchester AO

Bump. Well said BCF.

We go to so many places where we are always restricted to 2 practice runs 2 competition runs because that's the way it has always been and the organisers run it that way and don't want to change.

The WSCC has always done it's best to run an exemplar event, this year was no exception under the weather circumstances and our ability to keep it on the black stuff. (I wont mentioned

Tiggers return and his agricultural detour as it was so good to have him back competing when he does so much on the scoring front).

I  totall agree, and as for the "Agricultural Detour" ..... I always fancied myself as a Farmer :-P but thanks anyway ;)

I have to say I really don't understand the issue here - we got four runs on Sunday, five if you took the optional p2, and through rain and changeable conditions too. The circuit has a 5pm curfew and the last car finished at just after 3.30pm. I reckon it took about an average of 1 hour and 15mins to run each timed run on Sunday, so if the organisers had tried to fit another run in, it would have been a very close call. Had there been an incident or mechanical then there was a high risk of not getting through everyone - I'm sure people would have been much more upset had some people got another timed run when others didn't. I heard some frankly shocking and unsportsmanlike comments on Sunday afternoon about this and from people who should know better. Yes the organising team is new and as such learning all the time, but in this case and under those circumstances, in my opinion they made the right decision. And Alan did comment on the track conditions, pointing out where all the standing water was on each corner and apex over the tannoy before we restarted on Saturday. So once again, THANK YOU to the whole organising team, volunteers and supporters for making great decisions, keeping us all safe and competitive all weekend and for making a changes for Sunday that gave us all three timed runs.

Contender right there for Post of the Year - well said, that man. :t-up:

• Like 4

OK gang, thanks for your feedback.  In the interests of maintaining good relationships with our friends at Longdon, we did a bit of judicious pruning and relocating, and we're closing this thread for now, and John will give them your valued feedback in due course.

The main thing is that Team Panda and the WSCC put on a fabulous Blyton weekend, for which I thank all involved - well done! :t-up:

• Like 1