User Names, where did yours come from?

Robin Parker (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO

I registered as UKAutospark. as I am in the UK and my business name is Autospark.

Admin changed it so as not to upset any sponsors. :(

I was looking for a nice friendly name for my car and Buttercup fitted the bill.

Automatically given to me a on a bulletin board (BBS) in the early 90's, I've used it ever since - however i agree that something like 'Sean K' on a forum where you meet up with people would have probably been better in hindsight. 

I believe that the Ormus Knights where the precursors to the Templar knights or something along those lines as the fighting arm of the Prieure de Sion. 

(I am in now way affiliated with the illuminati - but i would say that  :)  )

Welly 'cause I wear wellington boots going caving. Jen, cause I'm Jenny

Used to have a CAE Corse S Stratos replica and my name is Chris.   On other sites have now changed it to NoCorseChris.  On other fora it is a variation of FatBloke, on account of me not being svelte.

'Not very imaginative' is probably a better answer to be fair.

randomly got called Cleggy by an old friend about 30 years ago - it stuck

the spyder bit was introduced when I started the "still work in progress" Porsche 718 Spyder replica

Guess the name of my youngest son...

Yorkshire..?

Thats an unusal name for your lad...

bombero, on account that I'm a firefighter .. .. and learning Spanish!

Grew up in a village in south Yorkshire called Wales, first day as an apprenticeship we had to do an intro talk where i mentioned this, one of the other lads called me Yanto as it is the welsh derivative of John, as Ian is in Scotland, tenuous links!  The name stuck, even my ex used to call me Yanto.

Ian Perry

bombero, on account that I'm a firefighter .. .. and learning Spanish!

should be Hose A then  :)

• Like 3

The man on the Clapham omnibus is a term used in law for what the Americans call 'average Joe'. In other words, someone dragged in from the street as a typical, well, man in the street. Whilst I am not a lawyer I am also not particularly expert in anything useful, so I'm 'average' and my opinion is likely to be similar to the next man. In reality I am pretty contrary so the title is not really very apt.

During the early part of the noughties I was a non-paying member of blatchat and called myself 'innocent bystander' because I was not a Caterham owner but was sympathetic with their particular interest. Since they went pay only to post I have maintained a dignified silence there! On all other fora I'm motco as that contraction of my Boardroom identity seemed easier once someone here coined it - Blatman I believe.

http://www.duhaime.org/LegalDictionary/M/ManontheClaphamOmnibus.aspx 

^ I've always wondered  that one. Thought you lived in Clapham.