Lifting ramps at Stoneleigh

Stuart

I've got the ones fro CJ Autos that 'wind up' rather than hydraulic lift, would not recommend these, very long winded and rough in operation.

Garry

Which ones Rob?

I found the Stoneleigh ones on eBay and the welding does indeed look iffy in the photos

Have you a link to the Ebay ad please?

ETA Is this the type:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HYDRAULIC-HEIGHT-ADJUSTABLE-CAR-RAMPS-/141669169828?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20fc23faa4

If so they could be useful. I get the feeling that they're knocked up in a small workshop somewhere, probably to order as in some pictures they are unpainted.

^^ Surely that'd be a lot of running between ramps with a jack handle?

You've got two hands, haven't you!? :p

Stuart, in the photographs the welds that are critical don't look bad. Others are 'tack' welds for parts that are not safety critical as far as I saw. I would like something like this http://www.garageautoequipment.com/QuickJack-BL-3500-p/bl-3500.htm from the US. Unfortunately it is not CE marked and cannot be imported into Europe. The lateral stability might be a little suspect, but if you're aware of that and act accordingly, it would be a useful trackside and workshop tool.

MOTCO on second look I'm inclined to agree and one can always have a discussion if one doesn't like the welding.  Think I might be leaning towards treating myself

I look forward to your critique with bated breath! The cost certainly won't break the bank that's for sure. :t-up:

Have you a link to the Ebay ad please?

ETA Is this the type:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HYDRAULIC-HEIGHT-ADJUSTABLE-CAR-RAMPS-/141669169828?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20fc23faa4

If so they could be useful. I get the feeling that they're knocked up in a small workshop somewhere, probably to order as in some pictures they are unpainted.

I like the look of these, shame they don't do one that's long enough to get both front and back wheels on and act as a whole ramp...

Seeing as this thread has opened up to include more ramp types............

I've been looking at ramps for a while now, something suitable for both the Westfield and my daily barge, normal wheel ramps would work fine on the Westfield, but the bumpers would catch/scrape on the barge (ironically) and it seems difficult to find anything wide enough for 215 tyres. Basically when parking it up against a "normal" sized kerb, the bumper will have 5mm clearance at best and it's forever scraping on badly implemented speed bumps.

The Westfield is ok, it's got it's own small garage with a flat concrete foor, but I don't have anywhere level enough to get a jack + axle stands under the barge and annoys me that I can't really carry out any work for myself (like simple servicing), which leaves me at the mercy of rip off merchants at the local garages.

For as much as i'm liking some of the solutions posted, whatever I get will have to hang off hooks on the the garage walls.

So far i've looked at offerings from Draper and Cougar, which have ramp extensions, but i'm not convinced they'd do the job :(

Has anyone found ramps that they think might actually be sturdy enough and long enough to do the job?

Sparkymart,

I have looked at those ramps before and thought it was quite a nice idea, if your friend can make them for around half the price then I would be interested.