CLARKSON

housebeautician

This is a sad day in my eyes. I am a decent man but in the past on the field of sport and in work I have had slaps given and given the odd slap out. At the end we shook hands went for a beer and got on because that is what men did and still do outside Islington. What we didn't do is run off with a fat lip to Hospital and call a lawyer.

In this day and age what JC did was wrong but as May said it was a small matter that has been blown up out of all proportions and could have been sorted,but in my view because the BBC is so scared after Saville etc. to do anything other than get rid was never an option.

So there will be many partying tonight as probably the last politically incorrect beast in the BBC has been taken down by his own hand especially those in the BBC who want a homogenised version of life. Where diversity is championed, so long as your view of diversity aligned with theirs.

Osin, will now be elevated in the eyes of Danny Cohen to the one who gave them the opportunity they wanted. He will no doubt continue to prosper whilst the inevitable demise of TG will mean the loss of jobs for many and £60million to the BBC. But never mind, it is not like a real business as no matter what they do we the licence payer have no say and they still get the money regardless of performance.

Whoever they try to shoe in, if May and Hammond go or stay it is over.

Sabine Schmidt for me :love:

+ 4  :love:

But never mind, it is not like a real business as no matter what they do we the licence payer have no say and they still get the money regardless of performance.

There is a growing concern amongst people in general about the impartiality of the BBC and as a result I suspect the licence fee is going to come under even more pressure to be scrapped. Actions such as this just accelerate this happening.

she is, but I can't say I've been that impressed at the moment by her presenting on channel 5's classic car show.

Agree

Its cringe worthy watching the 'banter' between jodie and dracula

Without the political in-correctness, TG is nothing. I can't see anyone taking over from JC, simply because he said what he wanted and did not care what happened afterwards..... A new presenter will not have that luxury.

As I said earlier, it's the chemistry between presenters that makes a program like this, or breaks it. When the chemistry is great, it can overcome almost anything the program and production can throw at it. On the other hand, when the chemistry is poor, even with the best scripts and really talented presenters, it's hard to save the program; viewers just drift away...

Don’t really want to see a women presenter on top gear. That’s why I don’t watch Fifth Gear, she does my head in screaming like a banshee.

I'd properly laugh if they replace him with a Black Muslim Lesbian, as per the quote that got him into so much trouble a while back.

IMHO Top Gear as I knew and loved started dying about 5 years back (The India special)

Agreed - that was the first special that really made me cringe, full of unfunny racism, general stupidity and stereotypes that demeaned an entire country.  Not big, not clever, not funny.  They didn't need to do that.

Don’t really want to see a women presenter on top gear. That’s why I don’t watch Fifth Gear, she does my head in screaming like a banshee.

I can understand how VBH could get on someone's wick, but surely that's not a reason to dismiss all female presenters on TG?  For example, what about Sabine Schmidt, Suzie Perry, or maybe even Williams driver Suzie Wolff?  I'd watch any of those over JC v.2015 - but I miss JC v.2005 to be frank, when he still knew where the line was drawn between humour and abuse for a cheap laugh.  He went from being Al Murray to being Roy Chubby Brown.

Agreed - that was the first special that really made me cringe, full of unfunny racism, general stupidity and stereotypes that demeaned an entire country.  Not big, not clever, not funny.  They didn't need to do that.

Yep, as said, that was just after his now ex wife stopped being his manager. No one to say "too much" or thats "too far" any more. Or at least no one that would be listened too.

Anyone else listen to the debate about him on Nicky Campbell's Radio 5 show this morning?  Afraid I find the woolly do-gooders sla gging him off on there a damn site more scary than Clarkson's non-PC antics. Be a very bland world we live in when that lot fully get their way.

Guy Martin would be worth giving a go, he would bring a fresh look to the show and give all the others a run for their money even challenging the stig on the track

Guy Martin would be a good choice, although they'd need a tea urn and an interpreter ...

• Like 1

Another vote for Rowan Atkinson but please not Chris Evans! Guy Martin is popular, certainly, but I suspect his style would pall quite quickly in a live(ish) show. Oh, and not Mike Brewer either...