JK Seats on fully forward runners.

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

From my experience - make doubly sure drivers seat will go close enough to pedals. The wider the seat the less forward it will go.

Yes that is one of my concerns.

I need the seat all the way forward.

One notch back and I cannot reach.

Thanks again for the great advice.

I had to 'ease' the inner panel out by putting a reasonable sized dent in it with a ball ended hammer, so that the drivers seat goes all the way forward.

Not ideal. But it works :d

I should be picking up my passenger seat next Monday after having the upper brace bit made and stuck on.

Bob :d

• 3 weeks later...

Bob 

Which seat runners did you use? Just fitted mine and now trying to "adjust" the seat adjuster bar to fit on the pins......some bending required and a search on the forum just in case I have it wrong.

I think they were from CBS.

Bob

Jk recommend some from demon tweets.

Part number OMP HC 6655

Those are the runners I got, just trial fitted the drivers seat and boy it does not go far forward, thankfully I don't need it too far. Just struggling big time to get the rear fixings in !!

Bloomin heck.

I hope my seats go far enough forward then. I need them all the way to the front and they are been delivered at the end of the month.

Also depends on what size seat you have gone for & if you have got a type 9 or mt75 tunnel.

Thankfully I will have mine all the way back when they get here.

I got the OMP ones from Demon Tweaks as mentioned above.

I thought that they were a bit clunky to start off with, but of course you want them to be strong!!.

Also the default size of the adjuster bar, is set for much wider than the size of the bases on the bottom of the JK seats, so you have to adjust it in the vice to fit the correct size.

Bloomin heck.

I hope my seats go far enough forward then. I need them all the way to the front and they are been delivered at the end of the month.

I have the 39cm base with 46 shoulder width ones and you'd have to be very vertically challenged to not reach my pedals!

Wendz is 5ft 2 ish and can drive ok.

Can anybody tell me how much the seats are raised

When using the OMP runners, I only need to raise the seat about 20mm to clear the rear arch.

Even though the seat might not move much, it's seems to be very tight.

F8730E5B-583B-4036-BAE8-77597397FE70_zps