Westfield - Sportscars LTD factory open day

Westfield Chesil Parts Dept

Well done to all at WSC Ltd for an excellent open day, and my thanks to the large number of members and AOs who attended as well.  The place was fairly rammed and they did the club proud on many fronts, especially demolishing the buffet.  Great that the club and WSC have such a good relationship these days that we can share our passion - I thank you all. :t-up:

yes thank you WSC Ltd - top stuff :t-up: - all of the staff that I spoke too made a great effort to answer questions and were approaching people to talk to them rather than waiting to be asked :t-up:

I spotted quite a few familiar faces across the workshop but never managed to get a chance for a chat with everybody as I had to shoot fairly early so apologies if I missed you

So yes a great morning and well worth the effort to visit :t-up:

• Like 1

Yep a while since I had been to the factory. I had a good day.  Glad I went in the Elise as there was a fair bit of unforecast rain !!

A great turn out and a good selection of cars on display and plenty of familiar faces.

Thank you WSC for laying on and I hope that there will be some orders as a result.  I certainly spoke with a few people that were considering a build.

David

A great day, an excellent idea to do it annually!

Fantastic to see the pride and enthusiasm from every member of staff I saw for the brand. Really interesting to see the GTM's too.

Great lunch as well  :d 

Not many people but still plenty of buffet when I got there at 2.15pm.  Moving house yesterday prevented an earlier appearance.  My car was inside the factory all day though - the green one next to the electric racer.

Sadly I had to leave  :( before the scoff was released, looked good and plentiful and was very tempted to release some of that security cling film but resisted. Caught up with quite a few people but still suggest we need some form of identification nametags or something when we have these events and the annual factory visit is a good idea. I'm sure I could have spoken with plenty more folk that I "know" from this site if I had known who was whom. I was in a long discussion with a very nice chappie who was collecting his FW fronted and standard reared car in the near future hopefully that will be a successful build. I' sure Dave and Cleggy have plenty of photos to stick on here or into the magazine.

Bob :d

I agree with name tags

Had the same issue at donny,chatting to people but had no idea who they were on here,just their name

Unfortunately couldn't make it yesterday (travelling back from a week away) but would have loved to have gone.

Agree that it'd be nice to make it an annual event - perhaps in early September before a) the weather / light goes and b) most will still have their Westies on the road.

Sounds like a good day was had by all - so well done WSC Ltd :yes:

To All,

We would like to thank everyone who attended our open day Saturday.

We hope everyone enjoyed it as much as we did, brilliant turn out, great atmosphere and we had such brilliant feed back... The whole day was a great success.

Kind regards

Westfield-Sportscars LTD

• Like 1

Sadly I had to leave  :( before the scoff was released, looked good and plentiful and was very tempted to release some of that security cling film but resisted. Caught up with quite a few people but still suggest we need some form of identification nametags or something when we have these events and the annual factory visit is a good idea. I'm sure I could have spoken with plenty more folk that I "know" from this site if I had known who was whom. I was in a long discussion with a very nice chappie who was collecting his FW fronted and standard reared car in the near future hopefully that will be a successful build. I' sure Dave and Cleggy have plenty of photos to stick on here or into the magazine.

Bob :d

Bob,

If it wan't for the 'very nice chappie' comment in your post I would have though it was me you had the long conversation with!  :)

I made the trip up from South Wales, I'm glad I did, the pics I took made for a great Facebook album : )

Lots of friendly faces & lots to look at

Managed to get a good deal on an MSA cage & wind deflectors, great lad in parts couldn't have been more helpful ( forgot his name, slight ginger beard going on, great help, my indecisiveness between rac & msa cage fried his brain no doubt, but good bit of banter )

Should definitely be an annual event !

Steve

To All,

We would like to thank everyone who attended our open day Saturday.

We hope everyone enjoyed it as much as we did, brilliant turn out, great atmosphere and we had such brilliant feed back... The whole day was a great success.

Kind regards

Westfield-Sportscars LTD

Glad to hear you all enjoyed it too, the whole team looked like they were having a good time! And very welcoming everyone was too:

ZE9T5934.jpg

Looks like good attendance numbers as well:

ZE9T5921.jpg

• Like 2

jedm,

Now my problem will be, me remembering the face, its an age thing I'm sure. Pleasure to have had the conversation good luck with the build.

Bob :d :d