Bob Green

Bob Green

Morning Everyone,

My dad asked me to post this message earlier in the week as I know he has many people on this forum that he was in contact with.

Sadly my dad passed away yesterday after putting up a strong fight with his illness.  I know he has spent many hours on this site helping people/discussing problems with other members and made some friendships here along the way.

He recently also started going to race meetings and taking photos of the cars in action for people for publication and personal requests which he very much enjoyed.

My dad has always spoke highly of this web site and its users which was always a joke in our house about how important it was for him to log in daily to catch up on the newest topics :-)

I would like to thank people who have had conversations and shared jokes with my dad and to the forum owners who I believe was working with dad in publishing photos that my dad had taken.

Thank you

Ray 

A terrible loss to you and your family, and to his extended family here in the WSCC.  Not much I can say apart from sending the sincere condolences of the entire club.  Your father will always be remembered with great fondness.

Very, very sorry indeed - a sad day for us all. :down:

• Like 1

Ray, heartbreaking news for all your family, it's not that long since I spoke to Bob, helping with some of the photography stuff, he was so looking forward to getting out and about this year.

Please accept and pass on to the rest of your family my personal condolences, (Scott has summed it up for the club so eloquently)

It's a true mark of the man that he will be missed so deeply by so many people, and will be remembered so fondly.

RIP Bob

Dave Eastwood

Oh thats terrible news

Pleaese pass on my condolences to your family and friends

Mark

I am so sorry to see this post and my feelings go out to his family.

He will be missed as will his paddock and track photos. I too spoke to him only a couple of weeks ago and he was so upbeat about this coming year. 

Words are not enough

Such a genuine likeable guy

Terrible news - a true gent and a real character who will be sadly missed both on this forum and trackside.

My sincere condolences to your family Ray.

Ray posting such sad news is difficult and thank you for letting everyone know. Bob was a great character of the Boardroom and WSCC and will be missed by many, please accept my condolences for all your family and friends

As has been said, very sad news. I had the pleasure of meeting Bob on several occasions last

year in various paddocks and sat with him and his lovely wife at the awards doo last year.

My sincere condolences to you and the rest of the family.

Ray - I'm so sorry to hear this terrible news. Heartfelt condolences to the entire family. Bob will be missed by many, many people.

Brian

Very sad to hear that Bob has passed away, he had some great friends here and will be very much missed by everyone for his humour and willingness to help people. Condolences to all your family Ray, particularly Yvonne. I am so pleased he could join us for the Speed Series Awards in November, where they both had a great time.

Can't add much to what has already been said. My personal condolences of course, our thoughts are with you and the family...

Oh that is very sad indeed...

I too met Bob a couple of times, both with camera in hand enjoying taking photos of the cars and the folk involved on the day

He was a really nice guy and will be missed by all in here :(

Condolences to you all

I'm really sad to hear this, Ray, your Dad was a lovely guy and we shared a few jokes over the years as well as both enjoying taking photos of cars. Please accept my sincere condolences, he will be truly missed by lots of us on here and elsewhere...

Ray, Can I pass my condolences to you and your family. I always enjoyed chatting with Bob and he will be missed.