Youngsters with Westies ?

Graham0127

Even though I hate the typical young person hatred and stereotypes I can see where he is coming from about 16 year olds on mopeds, although I think the point is slightly incorrect because a lot of 16 year olds are fine on the roads. I actually wanted a moped when I was 16, a few mates had them, I wanted to get around and all the rest of the usual reasons, but on a further look I realised that a year goes quickly and I could drive a car at 17, but more importantly everyone apart from 1 person in my year at school that had a moped managed to fall off it at some point for several reasons. One lad I know actually died last year as he fell off and went into a lamp post. The biggest problem is the CBT, a mate of mine took his a few months ago, and someone fell off, twice! Yet still passed! How is it safe to put someone like that on the road? That is the insanity not the age of the person riding it.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Graham0127

• alexander72

• gavinnn

• SootySport

I did have a moped myslf at 16.....my parents weren`t too impressed but understood I wanted some independance.I came off a couple of times and still have a scar 37 years later.I have lots of bikes and car now and have crashed most of them at some stage.I was told in 2007,following an accident that I would never ride a motorbike again and may spend the rest of my life in a wheelchair.

But I told myself life`s for living,growing old is obligatory but growing up is an option.....

In 2011 I crashed at a trackday.....BAD crash....lots of bones and damaged lungs...still suffering''

Perhaps this is insanity,but luckily we all get a choice and I guess my kids share the genes.

What you say about CBTs is all too true...too many incapable riders on the road,also too many USELESS older riders/drivers.

I reckon you have used up your 9 lives,   drive carefully now.

I reckon you have used up your 9 lives,   drive carefully now.

Thanks Bernie.......but I think I`m using up my 9th tomorrow......I was always told marriage is the end of life as we know it.

Seriously though,I do feel someone has been watching down on me.Had more than my share of close calls.Some of them have been my fault,always pushing that bit too hard but others down to bad luck.....feeling lucky now though.