Brand New Car Paint Defect

KugaWestie

They weren't in the 70s when I ran the dealerships.

Was the second visit for an appointment with a factory inspector?

Renault used to do that. We would book about 20 people in for his visit and then he wouldn't turn up. Whereas with a Nissan paint claim we would phone our rep (we only had one, for Renault we had 4) explain the nature of the defect and were given the go ahead on the phone.

Ed to add that you posted whilst I was typing. So, because they want to apportion a cost centre you have been inconvenienced. They could have arranged for it to be resprayed  and sorted out who paid after. Personally I would say the dealer should pay. He should have dealt with before delivery. If it was DIT then it will be difficult to claim of the transport company now.

I have not been inconvenienced to any great extent, just had to call into the dealership twice, once for initial inspection and photos, second time for measurement of paint thickness. No more than 30 minutes both times.

I dont care if the factory or the dealer pay for it, as long as the lease company or myself dont, which has now been established.

But all that could have been done in one visit, 30 minutes and they could have got on with the job and sorted out who paid whilst the job was being done or even after.

I could understand if they were deciding if you had to pay but they weren't.

Anyway, that's what I would have done if I were the dealer. Once established it wasn't customer damage I would have got on with the job and sorted out who paid after.

Whilst it may not be a great inconvenience to you the second inspection could have been done on the first and you wouldn't have had to go in twice. 

angle grinder and tin of touch up paint , job done

Plus no hassle with dealers or car off road

:laugh:

I wouldnt fancy the damage bill from the lease company when it is ready to go back  :oops:

I agree with SteveD ref the trapped moisture, I've seen it many times before on new cars. It is possible to heat the mark (very carefully) with a heat gun which normally is enough to remove the mark or make it's appearance acceptable. However - be warned, if you do paint damage in the process don't expect a successful warranty claim!

I've removed marks 2 foot square with heat lamps but beware of damage, only rectification if you burn or the mark doesn't shift is to repaint.

Rich

took the words out my mouth rich - we see similar probs with cars that have stood in compounds and come back for work - rain waters the most common leaving ring marks - can heat it up with heat lamps and it goes away..