New Cheap Video Cam

johngill

John,

Sounds a good deal - dont suppose its got a socket for an external mic at that price?

Dave.

video its at 1080p 90 sec 2 mb ouch need to reduce reolution although a 32gb card gives 90 mins? .

anyone know how to insert photobucket video link?

Dave - no mic socket

Gave up with photo bucket here it is on u-tube

picture looks near enough but think you will find that wind noise is a problem. you might want to pop a bit of tape over the mic part. 

That s a quick blat ;-)

Nice little camera, on my list for this spring.

And by the way, you have a very nice green car, did you build it yourself ?

• Like 1

Just trying cam one of the rear suspension bushes in knackered so dont want to go far (also dont like the cold).

Built it with my son Dave in 2007/2008 he posted the utube vid for me. Its a nice hobby driving in the summer (done about 5000 miles in it) and in the winter its  upgradeitis time. Been mainly suspension plumbing electrics airbox and cosmetics(new dash whiskers). Finished with enginge and had it remapped last september (circa 215bhp) so not going to do anything more as it a road going toy (wife says mid life crisis but I had that well over a decade ago. Next job is to get PlaysKool to fix bush while setting up suspension. Sure I find some other bits and pieces by next winter.

Seems pretty good for the price & I'm tempted . I was thinking about the new GoPro3 but it's £300+ and you get 30 mins battery life if you're lucky which is sh*te... there's been a good few complaints about it

Buzz

Seems pretty good for the price & I'm tempted . I was thinking about the new GoPro3 but it's £300+ and you get 30 mins battery life if you're lucky which is sh*te... there's been a good few complaints about it

Buzz

I bought the gopro hero 2 motorsport edition Buzz and I think its perfect, external mic adds to the whole effect when doing track day videos .think I paid £180 brand new and I cant see how the later one for £300 can be that much better !!

change the settings to 1080hd in the bottom right and checkout the picture quality of this video and some of the other later vids i have on my you tube channel  ,and bear in mind that the quality is heavily compromised after you tube compresses it compared to watching it straight off the camera which is like watching  blueray quality!  im well impressed and I would dare say now they will be sub £150 second hand has to be a bargain at that   :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  

Jeff

Yes I think the comment was a bit of a sweeping statement I was in MP mode! I was just relating to whats been posted about the Pro 3 by purchasers and an overview by Which mag and a few others  in respect of  the VERY BIG DOWN SIDE of the that particular model.. .the battery life. But to be fair I was thinking of what I needed from the camera which would be a constaint power supply so you could actually make use of it. It would be fine for short motorsports races like I do in the 750 club or a sprint etc.

As for the quality of the footage of the pro 3 I can't see much difference from yours as and the Pro 3 on HD tbh but the thing that really stood out about the video is I've never seen a geordie with a tan! ;-)

Buzz

I ordered mine for my daily driver as an accident recorder but thinking about it, I'm also going to put it on the back of the Westie on the track to get that rear view shot that I can edit into the main forward facing clip. Nice! Sounds doesn't matter as I record with a separate recorder anyhow.

Gave up with photo bucket here it is on u-tube

I think you should of done a handbrake turn in the the Cul De Sac.    The camera is definitely a step up from the old cheaper version, as you say it's trial and error with the view direction.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is link to utube file compressed so quality down compared to original. Have to sort out wind noise turn vol down.