Reliable and safe runaround required - £1500

TAFKARM

For reasons I wont go into, my sister finds herself on her own with a 6 month old baby, and no car. 

Ive been tasked with finding her some wheels, up to a budget of £1500. Needs to be ultra reliable and safe, with room for all the baby parifinalia, but nothing too big as she cant park as it is. 

Anyone got anything worth considering?

Sorry to hear that Russ.  If she's mega stuck she can use my saab 9-3 convertible as it's sat here doing nothing. Shame steve D just sold that Suzuki as that would have been ideal.

Thanks mate, I couldn't guarantee she wouldn't drive it in to something to be fair!

Sorry to hear this Russ. Will insurance be an issue for her? It's just that I was havving a poke about on Pistonheads last night in the Classifieds, particularly in their SOTW (Shed of The Week) section. There is a link off the front page. There appears to be some good motors in there for not a lot of dosh...

http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/classifieds?Acceleration=0010&Category=used-cars&EnginePowerFrom=150&MaxPrice=1000&MinPrice=500&TopSpeed=150&Option=1

I particularly like the Saab 900 Telladega for some reason!

I could totally see her in a bargain basement fully loaded 540i myself.....but I think Agila, Meriva, Almera are probably more appropriate!

The "shed" section has a VW Golf, 2000 with 200,000 miles. May be more practical.

i have a lovely multipla for sale :d

Got any pics pete? (To be fair, she's in Austrlia til Feb 21st so Im just getting a feel at the moment) 

Multipla sounds good to me though, not sure if it might be a bit big / ugly for her though! Haha!

Got any pics pete? (To be fair, she's in Austrlia til Feb 21st so Im just getting a feel at the moment) 

Multipla sounds good to me though, not sure if it might be a bit big / ugly for her though! Haha!

If you`ve got a good.........you`ll recall the Multipla was Top Gear car ot the year.....

I think ???/

If you`ve got a good.........you`ll recall the Multipla was Top Gear car ot the year.....

I think ???/

I'm sure it was - a bloomin' good car IMO

Rory's Dad

The Multipla is so ugly it's beautiful.

The Multipla is so ugly it's beautiful.

Rumour was ......I think...that from the side it looked like a bottle nose dolphin ?  ?

Subliminal attraction...clever Italian designers.. :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

The original was just as ugly but beautiful.

Just off to get a picture!

OK found it. I had found it and copied the site name but then copied something else for another thread. Stupid or what. Anyway LOOK HERE

The original was just as ugly but beautiful.

Just off to get a picture!

OK found it. I had found it and copied the site name but then copied something else for another thread. Stupid or what. Anyway LOOK HERE

Bit like Sophia Loren....bit strange but......beautiful & I WANT ONE

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.