My Westie

Steve_Farrimond

Hi all,

I bought this car (link below) back at the beginning of december.

http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/westfield/all-models/factory-built-speed-sport-1800-jenvey-injected/655558

the guy at Toybox (seller) told me that he'd acquired it from a friend, but not sure where he'd gotten it.

I know that the car used to be registered in Holmefirth (north peak district) from 2004 till me and had been sorn for the past 5 years.

Its a factory built speed sport with 12000 miles on the clock and is immaculate inside and out, possibly too clean if you know what i mean, but that could be me being paranoid.

my question is does anyone know of this car? or able to tell me anything other than the obvious about a speed sport? 

I've seen Toybox on eBay, I think, when I was looking around for my Westfield (June 2011). Gut instinct told me to walk away. But I know nothing bad about the seller or car. Just sommin made me look elsewhere for my car.

No Experiance with toybox myself but there are some v interesting experiences if you do a search

Welcome Steve, I can't help with any history, but it's a lovely looking car :cool: i hope you get some sunny days to start enjoying it sool :cool:

Looks a very nice car! :)

I know Holmfirth is where they shot Last of the Summer Wine...perhaps Compo or Nora Batty owned it before you?

Great looking car.

They say` if it looks too good to be true ,it probably is'...but they`re guys with their glasses half empty.......ours are half full.Just maybe it was owned buy guys who loved it.....like you will.

ENJOY.

thanks everyone, I like it and i'll make sure its 'bob on' 

the guy from Toybox sell the cars from his house, "Westfield cottage" of all places and westfields are the only thing that he sells.

oh well not to worry, I'm going to send a letter to the previous owner and see if he can shed any light on its past.

As said aslong as your happy thats all that really counts. Dies look nice though :yes:

Where will you be blatting from during the summer

live in Northwich in Cheshire so most probably be north wales and the peak district.

• Like 1

live in Northwich in Cheshire so most probably be north wales and the peak district.

Do pop along to the club meet - first Thursday of the month at the Whipping Stocks on the A50 just outside Knutsford ~8pm.

There's a little cluster of Westies around Northwich, not to mention some pretty well known technical types being just down the road in Winsford.  :)

Good to have another one locally, so welcome!

will deffinately be attending 'Genius' already in the diary :)

Definitely go to the area meet and you'll meet a very nice, polite young gentleman by the name of Steve. Ask him about Toybox.

But, as said before if you like the car and it drives OK then that's all that maters.

I wouldn't be too worried about it being sorned previously. Lots of these cars are bought and seldom used for lots of reasons. Consider it your gain. And as you bought from a dealer you have more protection than if it was a private advert. If anything is not what you expected I'm sure some local members would be happy to take a look for you. Oh and enjoy

I’m quite competent at diagnosing and fixing problems, but all help will be gladly received.

Cheers.

:)

I bought my car from a dealer based in Newmarket in 2001 by the name of Terry Nightingale.  That name will sharply divide the opinions of the older members in here.  Some will say he was a knowledgeable and talented man.  Others will say he was a complete :arse: of a human being with overpriced cars.  As always, the truth is somewhere in the middle.

However, I did buy a car with a very complete build history and set of paperwork, and the car has been very reliable these last 11+ years and brought me a great deal of joy.  It may have been slightly over-priced, but it had a warranty (that I never used) and he couldn't have been more helpful to me, answering loads of questions, fitting a smaller diameter steering wheel and a cranked shift lever before I collected it, and gave me the full story of the car which I confirmed as accurate with the previous owners.

In other words, like any purchase, you pays your money and you takes your chances.  In my case, it worked out splendidly.  The car had been built by two guys who worked at the Ford parts depot at Daventry (I think a good deal of it came out in the lunchboxes!).  They finished the car and had only put 500 miles on the clock when they were transferred to Ford in South Africa!  They kept it in storage for a number of years until they realised they weren't coming back, and sold it on.

It's obvious from our newest member's blog he knows which end of a spanner is which, and it's a very nice car to start with - I predict much success and many miles with many smiles. :t-up:

• Like 1