Donington 102db

mark meakin

Did anyone else out there not pass the 102db test or was it just me. :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  . So looking forward to a blast around the track and disaster " sorry mate your to loud ". What a load of bo****ks. Factory built 1800 speedsport but not allowed on the track anybody got any suggestions on how to get it through next time. ???  ???  ???  ???  ???

Was this at Donny on Sunday?

I went on a spend a good 1/2 hoyur trying to find someone to tell use what was happening - no noise test, no nothing, just a "take it easy on your first lap" as I was waved out of the pits!

Very suprised that you didn't get on the track.

Was told during the briefing in the pit lane  :0 yeah right

Noise test under the bridge before the start/finish straight

"just short shift and go to the far side of the track mate"  :(

Every other car was just blatting it through

Was supposed to be a 98DB static limit.

My diff makes more noise than that  :D  :D

In the afternoon they static tested most of the cars before they let them on track.

I was black flagged for noise, on the pit straight, I blaged ill short change and they let me back on.

I failed the static test with 99db ish in the afternoon so drove around the corner and programmed my dash to read 3 cyilinders ;)  re test at 5000 rpm quiet as a mouse (aye coz it was about 2500 rpm ;) )

I saw one dude in a TVR with 2 coke cans stuffed up his pipes with holes in them LOL   they didn’t even test him lol just shook his head at the chap hehe)

I think Dodge T`s car tested at 112 db on full chat just out of curiosity LOL

I was there all day Sunday and also told by the guy in pit lane - 'just short shift after coming onto start/finish straight'

Also noticed much more static testing on the queue for the drivers just doing one session after lunch.

Another car that was black flagged several times and ended up going home early was a yellow fury next to me.

First time out on slicks for me - WAHHAAAYYYY!!! foot to the floor out of redgate all the way down craner, sweeping left downhill WOOHHOOOO. Needless to say - I enjoyed myself somewhat.

:durr:

For a newbie, is there a way you can find out how loud you are and do something about it before you trek across the country only to be dissappointed?

My exhausts apparently can be stuffed / re-stuffed ?? Will the infusion of cotton wool really do the trick?

David

For a newbie, is there a way you can find out how loud you are and do something about it before you trek across the country only to be dissappointed?

you can either find somewhere local that will do a test for you (hopefully free if you manage to pop along during a track day etc) or hire a mobile tester from bookatrack.com

regards,

greg

Was supposed to be a 98DB static limit.

My diff makes more noise than that  :D  :D

Surely not when you're stationary :p  :p  :p

I heard some guys at a car meet a few days ago discussing the noise tests. There was some suspicion that it was being used to reduce the queue!

They said about one guy who after failing, asked if he could be retested with a witness, and was told NO  :angry:  :0

David