Have I lost the plot or am I a visionary ?

Graham0127

Check out the youtube clip of Boris on Newsnight.  How many politicians can get Paxman to shut up and hand the show over to them.

Just watched that  :d

you just need a friendly loggologist mate.... we have cleared acres of orchards FOC just for the wood - can earn £3k a day 3 years down the line dropping the logs into central london :-) 

I think I'm in the wrong job

Scot, your not mate - orchard clearances come up once every 15 years.... and the £3k is for 6 blokes and £30k of kit travelling 500miles round trip....  reckon we clear 35% net margin after tax on pizza wood.   It's not an easy industry to be in.

Wife paid £350 to have one tree pruned in the back garden , she wanted it felled but the guy talked her into having it pruned instead , no wonder at 350 smackers a go for half a days work with the chance of repeat business which he wouldnt have gotten if he had felled it .

Assume he also sold the timber for logs so more griss to his elbow :t-up:

What experience do you need to use a chain saw on a lump of wood ? Oh sorry just realised you need a degree in mech eng combined with forrestry management .

As to No. 2 not my tree and I didnt want it touched anyway , it was doing fine and a thing of beauty as it was . swmbo thought it was spoiling the view .

They`re all the same......don`t like it...cut it down.

I`ve got a chainsaw & loppers but couldn`t do as nice a job as the pros.

The year before last I grudgingly coughed up £1700 to have some of the bigger trees in our garden cut back and shaped.......when the guys had finished they looked the dogs whatsits....even better the following year.

I bet we could all pull a tooth,but it doesn`t make us dentists!

By the way your postings always give us a good laugh...tttaaaaaaaaaaaa

Tree surgery is definitely a skill when it comes to shaping.. knowledge of species and how to get about larger trees safely.  When it come's to felling it's just a safety thing.

Last year I had a largish tree (as tall as the house) removed completely and it was done by my neighbours fireman friend.  £100 and I kept the wood.  At that price I wished I had more trees  :laugh:

NO>>>>>>please don`t start me off on the FIREMAN thing......why do they have to do jobs on the side that rob skilled ,timeserved tradesmen out of work.. If their job doesn`t pay enough money they shouldn`t have joined up in the first place ?

This topic winds me up more than politics & religion.

Bet he wanted cash too?

Remember...he probably only works for 6 months of the year & you have already paid him via your coucil tax...

At the risk of 'starting you off'  :d

I have no problem with Fireman doing work on the side.  I know a few fireman and personally I would argue that they do stirling work for very little pay, considering the associated risks.  Their choice of career as you say but I don't begrudge them looking for alternative income and I certainly don't begrudge my tax contributions going to a service that allows me to sleep at night.

Remember they work the same amount as any other roll but shift work allows for more free time.

Depends how you define work.

My mate is  the guy who wears the white helmet and points his finger (we avoid titles)

He admits he works really hard.....pool,volley ball,gym.servicing friends cars & bikes...all at the station..constantly on Ebay ..............

Was costantly asking me for plastering jobs until I made my views clear.

Now we go blatting together...if he`s not telling someone how to rescue a squirrel from a swollen stream......

I sleep at night by putting my head on the pillow & closing my eyes...EASY

But I thought all fireman and policemen were builders.

I'll add tree surgeons to that now.