Run to The de Havilland / Mosquito Museum. April 7th 2013

Andy Banks

Quick update...

Tolf and I went for a quick blat yesterday and we did the run from the Garden Centre/Café to the Museum. The roads are in pretty good condition considering the weather of late. I confirmed with both the museum and café our numbers.

Regarding the run, a couple of points to note:

• The entrance to the Café is obvious but it is a narrow entrance and it comes up quick. The usual caution and common sense as there will be kids and elderly milling about
  • We may have to double park ourselves if it's busy but I'll be there early to suss it out
  • The road on leaving the Café is great but there are a couple of places where extra care should be taken especially at the entrance/exit to the quarry where the road can get a bit mucky/slippy. The usual road signs will help
  • Please keep the speed and noise down through the village of Essenden, we are known to some of the locals as being a polite and considerate bunch
  • Once out of Essenden the road widens and stretches out and there are a couple of left handers one can take at the top end of the prevailing speed limit and plenty of overtaking opportunities
  • We will probably get spread out along the way so I don't propose we split up however I'd like at least two of you to assist so we can have a leader, middle-man and rear. Please let me know and I'll send you a route map.

So I don't think I need do anymore... Warm Sunshine is ordered (I have a demo at the minute and it's looking promising). My number is 07971 694 332.

See you there...  :t-up:  :d

Latest update...

As there may be a good few cars for this, I've arranged for us to use the coach entrance and car park rather than the normal main entrance. For those that are not meeting at 10:00 at the Café and instead meeting at the Museum, you will need to know which entrance to use.

If you bung this into a Google Maps search, 51.713117,-0.266923, it should pinpoint the entrance to use. Heading North-East from South Mimms along the B556, it's the first entrance on the left at the first Brown sign and opposite a tunnel under the M25.

I've also had a word and arranged for decent weather...

Well done Andy :yes: I'm looking forward to this :cool:

aww im off i might make appearance in the v8 :yes:

Hoping to make it in the Westfield just waiting on my new bonnet catches arriving in the post. Come in protex :)

Catches have arrived :) the car is taxed. Just gotta fit the bonnet and connect the brake lights

Would seem odd not seeing you both in the car  :)

weather looking good for today  :t-up:

Yep sunshine as ordered and not so much wind this morning so it's lovely here at the min   :d

Well that was a great morning! Thoroughly enjoyed it and a great turnout. I hope everyone has arrived safely home.

"British, Hertfordshire, Hatfield!" as the man said...

group4.jpg

group3.jpg

group2.jpg

group1.jpg

dhgroup.jpg

cars3.jpg

cars2.jpg

cars1.jpg

• Like 1

A good day out Andy

Thanks for organising mate

Look forward to the next one

Tony

Breakfast, Westfield and aeroplanes, a perfect boys day out.

Well done Tony and Phil for their long drive down from up north.