Run to The de Havilland / Mosquito Museum. April 7th 2013

Andy Banks

Can't take praise for that Bernie, twas Phil that the award goes too for that.

Thanks for organising Andy :yes: and for booking the fine Weather :cool:

It was a rather crisp mornng when I awoke but it was an enjoyable morning blat from the Essex Rendezvous at Chelmsford to the breakfast hault. Cheers Pete for plotting the route and leading :)

DSC_0698.jpg

It was certainly an impressive turnout at the Garden centre and a much welcome rest on a comfy sofa with a warm drink :t-up:

I have no idea what route we followed to the museum but I'm still bemused as to how I left the carpark last but was one of the first to arrive :oops::d thanks to our carpark marshalls :laugh: who steered us amongst the planes :cool:

DSC_0745.jpg

DSC_0739.jpg

DSC_0701.jpg

DSC_0727.jpg

Now finally home a warmed up again. Thanks Pete for the scenic route back, I have no idea where we were going and blindly put my trust in you to steer us home :oops: i suspect you were lost at times too :d :D good to blow away those cobwebs on the 414 for the final run to the end. :cool:

Looks good fellas !! great trip out... wish I could have joined in.

had a great day out thanks lads though it was a long old drive about 270 miles round trip. was great to put some more faces to names and hope to see you at stoneleigh next month

thanks for the coffee Tony it was a good way to defrost this morning  :t-up:

• Like 1

No worries Phil

It was nice to meet up again

Hope the steering wheel made it home without breaking

See you at stoneleigh

Tone

Superb chaps...

Wish I could have made it but a family day was fun at Anglesey Abbey :-)

yeah its still in one piece. just  :suspect:  

Thanks guys for a really well organised day out.My son enjoyed the drive and the museum.....in his words AWESOME.Thanks for all the compliments on my car,if it was a woman,she`d be blushing.

Great turnout.

Well done Andy, am really pleased with the support you got was a great turn out and both Gail & I really enjoyed it.

Graham, nice to meet you, your westy is v.nice - bits i looked at all looked top notch, glad your son enjoyed.

Well done filfan - top commitment.

Mark - i knew exactly where we were.....once we reached north weald...great pictures by the wau.

Top day :)

Thanks Pete...let`s hope we can all get out more,now the weathers on the up .It`s really good to put faces to names.....your profile picture doesn`t do you justice :-)

Fascinating and fun day out. I think I'm gonna rebody my car in wood now  :d

Think I go a bit sun burn't too.

Ben

It would be British then :)

Breakfast, Westfield and aeroplanes, a perfect boys day out.

Well done Tony and Phil for their long drive down from up north.

and sun ;-))

Really enjoyed. Our guide was a great character.

Thanks for organising Andy. I think that is the most Westy's I have seen together other than at Stoneleigh.

David