New Profile Field: Local Areas

I have updated a new field in your profile and in your posts which is only viewable by you. This field is Area. This will show you WSCC local areas near to you. If you have several within your area it will show multiple results.

Please note the following:

* The number included is the number of miles as the crow flies from your postcode to the meet location

* The postcode in your profile is used to calculate meets

* It is updated by the system every night at 1am. (ie if you change your postcode it wont change till the next day)

* It is only visible by you (OTHERS CANNOT SEE THIS)

Regards,

Adrian.

Splendid !

Any chance these can have links to Area website / contact details...? Sorry, I know you guys have been doing a lot recently - just a thought...

Sorry to be thick. Is the new field "area" in "profile".

I can't see this but it may be because I don't have a UK postcode.

Next code to go live will be emails on sign up, renewal etc. to members and local area organisers as well as having the details of the local areas. I will also run this for everyone who has renewed in last 6 months when this is ready.

After this links (might be done).... Although thinking about it it might be ewasy to do so I might do it first..

I can't find it either Norman.

I believe it only pops up if you're within a 40 mile radius of a local meet, so there will be profiles without area meet details.

It appear with all the details to the left <<<<< under your profile picture in posts :) I'm apparently Essex-22 :d:oops:

The map that shows all the details of local area meet locations, area organisers and contact details, and web sites / Facebook pages is located here.

All credit to Adrian for a job well done!  :t-up:

Being 200 miles away that explains it.

Norman's maybe closer to an area meet than me :laugh:

Anyway, well done to the back room bods for continued good efforts :t-up:

Great idea. It may get more out to area meetings.

I thought it may be because I haven't a UK postcode

My local area is Cheshire 10 miles, 13 to Manchester.

Should I swap areas?

Cheers

John

Ao Manchester

My local area is Cheshire 10 miles, 13 to Manchester. Should I swap areas? Cheers John Ao Manchester

Absolutely, welcome over John  ;)  :d  :p 

It appear with all the details to the left <<<<< under your profile picture in posts :)

It also appears in your own profile - just click on your User Name in the top right part of the screen, and then click My Profile. :)