trax @ silverstone

DodgeT

Mentioned it before & not many seemed interested....

but just incase any of you pop along,   me, catflap & cashy off here will be on track at 10:40, tryin to keep on the black stuff :0

gonna be havin a go at some 0-60 run's aswell :devil:

It will be good to see some other westies.

Just hope they bring the right 0-60 equipment this time, as I manged to sneak into the ford fair last month but the 0-60's turned out to be 200m (about 1/8th mile) sprint because of wrong equipment. Was a good day though and managed to take second place behind a V8 Ford Pop Dragster. Fastest time was 6.4 secs with highest speed of 72.75 Mph

I have a track session booked, but not too sure what time though.  Also got some practice in a santapod last week ready for the 0-60's and recorded my PB of 12.45 for the 1/4 mile.

See you boys on sunday!

Steve

12.54  :0   what setup you running???

my mate is taking a twin engined R5, got 2.9 sec's last time, don't think ill beat him :arse:

im hoping for in the high 3's, dont know if im dreaming but it'll be fun trying :devil:

see you there! :cool:

From what I recall from the time I went to trax it was a bit of a "Kev's" day out. The brief session I had on the track was spent dodging the mobile chicanes (Cossies, Cav Turbo's, Saxo's etc) heavily laden with ICE & big bore exhausts.

The only bonus was that there was plenty of scantily clad totty to ogle at in the paddock!!!  :love:

It is a bit of a boy racer day. But I live fairly local and fancy having a go at the 0-60, have never done it before.

I'm taking my Busa and Mroadster with nutty sized wheels. Friends I'm going with are bringing Lotus Elise, Cosworth Turbo Dax and a Cobra with a chevy race engine. So it shows times are changing and think there will be a lot more nice motors in amoungst the Kev's.

Dodge, in answer to youre question. Just standard Busa with undersized tyres eg 195/55/15 AVS Sport. Damm I need some 13" wheels with big tyres.

Steve

:) Yes trax was once agin full of TREVS and Kevs but had to admit i didnt get to look around the stands (nor did i want to) as i was too busy on track.

Great opportunity to drive the GP circuit, but a shame one of our sessions was stopped after 3 laps due to a mini cooper (muppet) ending up in the kitty litter at the complex.

Dont think i will go there again, too many Max Power muppets. ???

Ps: had a weird couple of lads come up and ask if an R1 could be fitted to a westy chassis, as they reckoned it would do a wheelie and would need a massive spolier to keep it on the floor!!!! They were going to install the engine in the rear and "convert" to rwd!!!!  Strange thing is they were quite serious about it...............

:(

Must admit... I don't think I have ever seen so much acne in one place at any one time! Worth the £17 just to see the babes though.... must snap out of this mid life crisis i'm going through!

My track time only seemed to last ten minutes of the twenty, must of seen at least four idiots fly past only to go flying off the bend.

What was even more crazy, was the fact that on the 0-60 sprints they would not let us spin the wheels up before, and this after making us wait in and drive through a field of sand/dust.

So after one successfull run, just got my money back for the rest of my tickets.

Shame because the ford fair a month earlier was exactly the same format, but 10 times more enjoyable and they let us spin the wheels up as much as we wanted, which in turn got the crowd going and gave a much better atmosphere.

Steve