New North East Area

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

The North East has needed a WSCC local club for a while now and after a bit of arm twisting I have been persuaded to start one.  :D

So a date for your diaries all the North East club members, TUESDAY 16th SEPTEMBER at 8pm. Venue to be announced later. But I wanted to get this message on the board so that anyone interested can arrange to be free on that night.

About to go on holiday for a couple of weeks, so more details towards the end of August.  :D

Nick

Nice one Nick

There are quite a few members in your area, all we need to do now is find the b*******s!

Paul

I know about 8 of them already, but maybe the rest will now come out  :D

Sure they will. :D  :D  :D

Nick,

the ne7ers (North East Se7ens) meet at the dangler of the north pub outside Durham - or try too, we quite often fail :( - on the last Wednesday of the month.  A lot of the active Westfield drivers are already in the ne7ers and do stuff with us.

Do you think it would be possible to combine the two meets?

Keep me informed (i cannot make the 16th as I am in Italy learning how to relax)

Mike

btw - did you decide not to do half hieght doors?  I could do with some as I got serioulsy wet the other day at elvington - have a look at www.ne7ers.co.uk blats out folder, and then the elvington video to see what i mean.

Mike,

Yes, I am aware of the NE7er's and did send a message via one of the members about a joint meet, but did not get a definate response. Everyone is welcome to our meeting on the 16th irrespective of the cars they drive.

As to joining, the two together, that needs talking about amongst the NE7er's. But there will definatley be a NE WSCC area setup, because of the benefits of being part of a National Club, ie Speed Series, Representation at Kit car shows, Club Social events, insurance cover when events are organised, club magazine etc, etc  :D  :D

Hope this clarifies things.

Nick

Sounds a good idea to me.  I'm in Whitley bay and it'd be good to meet some of you guys.

Oioi - is there an NE7Ers area meet on tonight?

Nick - Sounds good with the NE WSCC, I will try to get along to events and pleased you have taken it on  :)  :)

Were you planning on having a monthly meet?  If so I will talk to the ne7ers and see what they want to do.  seems sensible to me to have a joint meeting.  then i guess it is is just a question of keeping people informed about what events are organised such that ne7ers and NE WSCC get along to the others events (the more the merrier being my attitude  :D )

gadrego - i am not going tonight, and dont think many (if any) others are  :(

Would like to come but some of us (poor souls!;) work away Monday to Friday.  Any chance of a weekend meet - say Saturday/Sunday lunch time which could then be followed by a blat for those who wanted to.  Surely not everyone is doing shopping or attending track days.

Mike

The idea is at least a monthly meet, but I am quite happy to be guided by what people want and organise events accordingly.

John,

Thanks for your input, some of the other clubs meet regularly at weekends, again it's a case of listening to what everyone wants and then trying to meet as many peoples requirements as possible. So please send me an e-mail with your contact details, what you would like to see as events and when you are available. It will then go into the melting pot to help form the new club.

Cheers and thanks for the comments

Nick

excellent, one has been needed for a long time!

i am in middlesbrough. sunday meet would be good as it would give time to have a blat with every one round the moors etc.

mike

Good luck with your new meet.

If you speak to the membership sec. he will be able to let you know which other members reside in your patch.

Your meet is straight after the Donington Show - so you (or someone you ask!!!;) could tout your area then. Let me know if I can help.

To Everyone,

Thanks very much for the positive replies  :D  :D

I am going on holiday tommorow morning, so will not be able to post until 20th Aug. If you keep all the suggestions coming. Either e-mail me or message, and when I get back I will pick it all up.

MOST IMPORTANT STICK 16th SEPTEMBER in the DIARY  :D  :D  :D  :D

Nick

I live in Darlo and definitely am interested. I know two Owners in the Boro Area who also will be definitely interested. Will it be at the dangler of the North or A N Other venue :cool:  :) The Model T in Darlo certainly has the right name!!!!!!! (not that its close or anything you understand)

Great !!

Just bought a Westie and it looks as though we might have a local meet !!

I'm between Durham and Consett and as its my first Westfield , could do with a bit of help.

Richard

:)

• 3 weeks later...