Swindon mini-meet

adhawkins

Hi all,

A few of us got together in Swindon yesterday and went for a bit of a blast.

Some photos here.

Thanks to Tony for arranging it.

Andy

Did Tony remind you all about the Motorsports Events airfield day at Keevil on Monday 22/9?

Several Westfields signed up for this already.  I haven't done Keevil before but I am told it is dogs' as airfield circuits go.  

Anyone else coming along?

He did mention it, and I'm seriously considering it too.

Will be deciding fairly soon hopefully :)

You coming to Combe this weekend?

Andy

It it's not p***ing down, I'll be there about 9.15 - 9.30.  If you haven't done an airfield day yet, remind me to tell you how big the grin gets.

Look forward to seeing you at Combe then.

Not sure yet when we're going to arrive. If I'm feeling brave enough I might even venture onto track.

Andy

Andy,

Have you been on a track yet?  If not, I would wholeheartedly recommend that you don't start at Combe.  Whilst the Classic day is a little quieter than the CCC ones, there are still some hooligans out there.  It could scar you for life.  Airfield days are much more civilised and better controlled.  Fewer cars and more space.

Stuart

I enjoyed the Swindon meet.

As an outsider I think i'm banned from the next meeting now for passing the AO  :arse:

Anyway, the roads were good, the people friendly. Hopefully it can be done again with slightly more attendance

Si

Hi Si,

The AO is quite ok!!

I know I'll never get near a V8's top end - but a twisty airfield? (Bring it on!;).

Glad you enjoyed our Swindon mini-meet. We can expect several more cars next time - If they get finished/SVA'd or bought in time!!

Hope to see you all at Combe & Keevil. I agree that Keevil would be the best place for a track day 'virgin' to venture out - the event will be 'strictly' controlled & chances of a 'situation' are considerably less!!!

Bye for now

Tony :cool:

Hi - I've just sent off the cheque for Keevil on the 22nd.

Burgundy SEI with a Toyota engine. Might be easier to look for the LWB Defender as I'll be trailering.

See you there.

:t-up:

Mike