SS 1st timer questions

Dodgey

Nought wrong with a well turned out car - what I lacked in ability, I always made up for in car Bling appeal.......

Hope to hook up at one or more events next year Peter - remember Autoglym is your freind   :d

Quite right Mr Chairman, hope to make Curborough this year :)

Sorry Paul,

I forgot to ask how Doris was coming along, I hope she is in fine health ?

Regards

Pete

Back on topic.... :-)  - as Fifan asked - when can we apply online? I have the paper version filled out but it would be nicer to pay on-line.

Back on topic.... :-)  - as Fifan asked - when can we apply online? I have the paper version filled out but it would be nicer to pay on-line.

I wouldn't panic too much, they'll be plenty of time to apply for the championship once on line registration goes live. You don't have to apply early to guarentee a space on the Speed Series, save that panic for when it comes to putting your entries in for some of the better subscribed events :cool:

I wouldn't panic too much, they'll be plenty of time to apply for the championship once on line registration goes live. You don't have to apply early to guarentee a space on the Speed Series, save that panic for when it comes to putting your entries in for some of the better subscribed events :cool:

which events are they?

which events are they?

I'm probably not the best person to ask or answer, but some of the more popular events can fill up quicker than others, whilst likewise at certain venues there can still be spaces a few days before the event. It also depends what championships are competing on that day too.

Because i dont do many sprints, If i want to do a particular event then i'll normally put my entry in in good time before the event to make sure i get a space.

As I am about to go to Autosport until late sunday night so not going to enable the apply on-line yet. That will be early next week. There are enough hassles with Paypal going on at the moment !

As to entering events, historically you had to apply to the September Ty Croes event the day it came out to stand a chance. Last year was the first year it took a while longer to fill up. BUT I would encourage you to apply in plenty of time as some events were cancelled last year due to lack of entries. Personally I sit down at the beginning of the year and plan the events I would like to do and then when those regs come in I send the forms of by return, keeping a copy in a folder. That way you have a record of what you have sent and which class you entered. Also it helps the clubs organising the event to know the numbers. 

looking at the list im thinking about three sistors or aintree for my first outing. would love to make down south but its just going to be to expensive. may come to watch and get in the way though  :)

Castle Combe filled up quite quickly last year, I didn't get my entry in in time. Unfortunately, it is the first event on our calendar usually, so you do have to get your entry in promptly when it goes "live". If you seriously want an entry there it might be worth looking at the Bristol & West Motor Club website every few days.

Would love to come its just bit far. I'm prob looking at doing events in the north and midlands and may venture to snetterton

It's years since I did it, but I seem to remember Aintree booked up quite quickly too. It's a faaaaast track, I loved it, but had a big moment on the long right hander (Becher's Bend) :oops::arse: :A***: :d :d :d

Castle Combe filled up quite quickly last year, I didn't get my entry in in time. Unfortunately, it is the first event on our calendar usually, so you do have to get your entry in promptly when it goes "live". If you seriously want an entry there it might be worth looking at the Bristol & West Motor Club website every few days.

So do we book events directly with the local organisers rather than with the SS organisers?

Yes, you book through the club organising the particular meet you're interested in. Obviously sometimes that will be the WSCC, for events like Curborough etc.

Normally, what's happened in the past is the SS organisers pass on the drivers details to all the various other event organisers. So in theory you should get event details either through the post or on-line (depending how the individual club does it) as soon as each club releases them.

For very popular events that you really, really, want to do, there's no substitute for checking the clubs websites regularly and getting entries in fast.

Ty Croes used to be funny, it booked up so fast a few years ago that simply posting entries back wasn't enough. You had to fill them in the day you received them, and take them round personally the same day to stand a decent chance of getting in. I remember dropping an entry form off at just after ten in the morning (the day they were released) and being told she'd already had more than twenty forms returned! Don't think it's quite so bad now though.

My tip - again;

If there is an event that you really really really want to attend - find out which club is organising it (via our entry regs prepared by Nick) and get on to their website - some of them offer the ablity to sign up to "prompts" others are a bit more basic.  If you keep an eye on their website, you stand a good chance of getting an early sighting  of the entry regs for the event you are after.  :)