SS 1st timer questions

Dodgey

Dodgy,

Don't worry about tyres me old mate - I did 5 years sprinting on a single set of Yoko A539's in the car now owned by "Funky Monkey" - great fun and useful learning is how the car behaved in varying conditions.  I was always a big fan of; turn up, stick the numbers on, dip the oil, kick the tyres to make sure they were not flat, go racing.

It is your first season - use this to learn your car, learn how to race and most importantly - enjoy!!!  Make the minimum of changes to your set up and leave all the technical stuff for later is my ten penneth.

Hope to see you out next year - and Funky monkey in my old car. :)  :)

I totally agree - though I kinda got seduced into a set of rims with used 888's on for track / sprinting :-) - in the parts for sale section. I wanted a second set of wheels anyhow so the tyres work out pretty much free for me.

Full speed ahead! Now ordered the MSA tow point stickers and ignition location stickers - Ebay, £2.50 :-)  and a pair of gloves from Plays Kool, and a lid (From my local Andy Collard) :-)

Woodsman has a lovely 4age that goes like a scolded cat... I am envious of his car and the lovely sound it makes.....Looking forward to seeing your wheels too Dodgey mate 

Quite right Mr Chaiman, but you forgot to mention clean and polish the car before events, as Paul has mentioned I bought his car last November and tried my hand and two events this year at Gurston and Shelsley Walsh and loved every second of it.

I pretty much listened to Pauls advice, check oil etc and put numbers on the car and received further advice from other Speed Competitors at the events, plan to do more this year, some things just have to be done :)

Paul might meet up again ?

Yep I'll be out next year!

Car and driver both on a diet.

After a (short 5 event) season last year I've been bitten and decided I enjoyed sprinting the car to driving on the road.

Looking forward to meeting up with everyone this season, old & new.

I used to passenger in a trials car called "wash and go" (after the 80"s shampoo) owing to the fact it was never washed but always went!!! :d

Stephen

clean and polish is just an excuse to get out in the garage and tinker :)

Any idea if and when we will be able to register and pay online or would I be best off filling out the paper form and sending it in. Also do we get a membership card back joining the SS

I think you will find that polish is banned at speed series events unless you want the p*** taking etc :d

• Like 1

Come and joint the fun, good banter all around !!!!!