Dear mother of god, two wheeled madness...

Speed 8

I use to do every weekend with my knee down and not just my right on roundabouts.

I'm so glad I sold it while I still have use of my legs. Even on the track there bl**** dangerous. I high sided my 600 at silverstone doing around 100 I remember doing a superman impression with my arm out heading straight towards the floor thinking "this is gonna hurt"

Dislocated shoulder and broken hand later ouch

It's why I got the weatfield. I wanted to do track days again but you only really get once chance on a bike then your on yay home or to the hospital. Atleast with a car you can slide, spin put it on the grass, gravel and most of the time your straight back out there. Slide a bike and you need a grand to put it back together

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FILFAN

• Norman Verona

• XTR2Turbo

• JeffC

here's why we can't die today:

So the world is supposed to be ending today huh? That's bad. I never have found out who let the dogs out, the way to get to Sesame Street, why Dora doesn't just use Google maps, why we don't ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery", why women can't put on mascara with their mouth closed, why "abbreviated" is such a long word, why lemon juice is made with artificial flavor yet dishwashing liquid is made with real lemons, why they sterilize the needle for lethal injections, why do you have to "put your two cents in" but it's only a "penny for your thoughts"? Where's that extra penny going to? Why did Joanie love Chachi? If a deaf person has to go to court is it still called a hearing? Can a hearse carrying a corpse drive in the carpool lane? Why Does the alphabet song and twinkle twinkle little star have the same tune? Why did you just try to sing those two previous songs? And just what is Victoria's secret? You see, the world just has to keep going. I have too many questions......and do you really think I am this witty ????, because I actually stole this from a friend, who stole from a friend , who stole from a friend , who stole from for a friend , who stole from a friend ....

HM found it, I wish I understood it.

Calling Scott, Calling Scott.

that's two no votes so far -- any yes votes ? :(  ;)  :)  :d

David

Take your test as you have obviously been thinking about doing this.

Afterwards you then understand about, whitelines, diesel, wind direction, rain, cold, car drivers just to mention a few hazards!

Then you can break the bike happy knowing you made the right decission, happy driving.

Ah, the Northwest 200, like the TT but even more bat**** crazy!

At least on the TT it is effectively a time trial, the NW as you've seen, is a full on race with standing start, etc...

As for the bike thing, years ago I always said I'd love a bike but I'd kill myself. My brother who was a biker was always telling me I'd be fine, then I took him to Stoneleigh one year and when we arrived he said, don't get a bike, you'll kill yourself...

Anyway, a few years later the desire for sportsbike has gone, the are all the bl**** same and all sodding uncomfortable, so an interest in nakeds, cafe racer and customs meant I felt happier about doing my test, so I did.

I ride the bike a *lot* slower than I drive the Westfield, some of that will be due to it being new, but the rest is I honestly don't fell the need to, my commute to work for example is largely dual carriage way and the opportunities to do 100+ are many, yet I have only done it once when somebody decided to accelerate while I was overtaking. I find it is a enjoyable thing for different reasons, the Westfield is for going fast, the bike is more about precision to me.