Dear mother of god, two wheeled madness...

Speed 8

that's two no votes so far -- any yes votes ? :(  ;)  :)  :d

The throttle works both ways ! , I'd say go for your licence :yes:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FILFAN

• Norman Verona

• XTR2Turbo

• JeffC

could not recommend a busa as a first bike....unless maybe you are a good offroad rider, and have a sensible outlook, and even then I'd say you would be better on something else.

I'm surprised that a clean one is worth buying just for the engine, is this normal or were you lucky?

I was told that my R1 had the power of a golf gti and weighed as much as the engine and gearbox :d  don't know if that's true

proper screw loose those guys..

I cannot bring myself to watch road racing - just waiting for some one get horrifically injured or killed so tend to avoid

Was Guy Martin nominated as Sports Personality?

I'm surprised that a clean one is worth buying just for the engine, is this normal or were you lucky?

It seems that the bike market has been really hard hit this year.  I bid on it on ebay and it didn't make reserve. The dealer sent me a message and we agreed a price.  He had taken the bike part ex. He said 2012 has fallen off a cliff and nothing selling.

I paid £200 under what he had given for it as trade in..

It was only £700 more for a whole 2006 bike, one owner and 16000 miles than I could find a good low mileage engine for. I am hoping I can sell all the bits for more than that.  Frames with a V5 seem to fetch £500 on there own. I think most busa are worth more broken than complete.

Know most of those irish road race circuits, some are great for the westy ! :yes:

One of the more interesting sides of Mike's family has a bike racing team and they are regulars at the NW200 and on The Island. They have turned up with a support van full of pies and tyre warmers at one or two hillclimbs and have offered me a run on a spare bike at an Oulton test day. I have politely declined even though they tried to convince me that the risks are minimal (cousin Tim's riding career ended in the lake on the inside of Gerards at Mallory and uncle Peter broke one ankle once and the other 5 times falling out of chairs at various circuits). No, the Westfield is quite exciting enough for me, thank you very much.

Grannie Annie.

support van full of pies and tyre warmers

:laugh:  :t-up:

junejuly20060036R1_edited.jpg

sold this because I was going to die or go to jail

riding this at the moment, more fun, less death wish, you want to try Applecross on this!

photo-1.jpg

Get your licence, avoid superbikes for a while then try wringing the neck off one, go and see some road races and appreciate what these guys do. :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

Here is my old baby

was taken in spain around 2006

duc.jpg

not my best pic i must admit :down: but there is no need for that :cry:

Sorry, you look like a very handsome young man.

You'll have to make allowances for me, I've drunk too much. But not enough so as not to be able to type properly.

Let me look again in the morning.

handsome!! you really have had too much red.

never mind though il get my coat ive pulled ;)  :love:

OK, now that I'm sober you do look like a very good looking bloke. Not my sort you understand but still a good looking bloke.

I asked HM who you reminded her of and she just looked at me and said "no idea".

Amazing what cider, red wine, vodka and brandy can do.

driving to the limit and a car, waiting at a junction, didnt see him and drove straight into his path.He hit it at roughly 60mph! 

The problem was that he was passing a junction at 60mph. I rode a lot, mostly in London, and you soon learn that you never, ever, ever, go past/over junctions at any speed greater than you are "happy" to crash at. It only takes one car, or bike, not to see you and you are in deep trouble.

If he was driving "to the limit" he'd be dead. You can't take modern sportsbikes anywhere near their "limit" on public roads. Once you ride fast on a track, and I mean "proper" fast, knees down on long sweeping bends well over 100 (knee down round Druids doesn't count :-p ) , then you immediately know that you just can't ride anywhere near that fast on public roads and live for long.

I loved my bikes, but like many, moved from superbikes when I realised they are really underutilised on roads. I ended up with a KTM LC4 640 Supermoto. Shed loads of fun and all at much lower speeds, well, I do have a lump in my hand from fracturing three bones in it :-)- cold new tyres, over excitement .... crash!