Dear mother of god, two wheeled madness...

Speed 8

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FILFAN

• Norman Verona

• XTR2Turbo

• JeffC

seperates the men from the boys but sadly the living from the dead too

really need to go and watch sometime though

seperates the men from the boys but sadly the living from the dead too

I dont know what it is with getting on a bike but all sense of fear seems to leave you soon as you start the thing up and select a gear  or it did with me and my pals :down:  and the trouble is out of the showroom road bikes are so fast,  its so easy to be doing those sorts of speeds within seconds , when I was biking I found myself on loads of occasions hanging off the side of the bike  trying to get it to turn in to corners at 160mph  down back bumpy roads side by side trying to pass my pal with sheep either side of the road for company  , I never felt as though I was in control and was always living on borrowed time, I had too many close calls one day and was the reason I sold my bikes and vowed never to have another, I went out next weekend and bought a bike engined  westy I convinced myself they were safer at least you cant fall off a westy! :d

fair play to those boys they are in a different league on mentalness  though  :cool::o  :o  :o

thats also one of the reasons i gave up biking. it was imposible to go out without doing 100+ at the first 60 sign. it was so much easier and smoother to ride it fast. i remember been in spain once with a load of mates and we came to a straight road with a couple of gentle hills. i took off like a bat out of hell and only slowed down when i crapped my pants doing a wheelie at 150 over one of the dips.

i would have another but only a classic or something not a sports bike

I've recently bought a 2006 Hayabusa.

Originally I planned to take the engine out and sell the bits but it's such a nice example that to date I haven't been able to start taking it apart. I like looking at it and I'm even tempted to take my bike licence but don't know that I have the will power to keep my life or licence ... decisons .. 

My brother loved his biking and unfortunately through no fault of his own was driven into by a car driver.

He was on a ZZR600 with his girl friend on the back driving to the limit and a car, waiting at a junction, didnt see him and drove straight into his path.He hit it at roughly 60mph! The force of the impact ripped the petrol tank off with his pelvis and needless to say he spent the next 6 months in hospital :down:  :down:

The silly b******* when he was fit enough went and got a ZZR1100.. the fastest bike at the time lol

I've recently bought a 2006 Hayabusa.

Originally I planned to take the engine out and sell the bits but it's such a nice example that to date I haven't been able to start taking it apart. I like looking at it and I'm even tempted to take my bike licence but don't know that I have the will power to keep my life or licence ... decisons .. 

me and my pal decided to give up sports bikes and buy touring bikes to slow us down, I bought a blackbird and he bought a busa, we rode as fast on them but was more dangerous as they were as fast down the straights but hard work to get around the corners , take some advice strip it and forget taking the bike test !

not the ideal first bike

That's the understatement of the month!! :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Many moons ago I had a Z1B. nothing like today's superbikes of course, but still very quick in its day. 900 cc and about 80 bhp. Just to make it even more difficult to control ( ;)  ;) ) I fitted a sports fairing, which meant I couldn't use the big standard 'bars, and had to fit little clip-ons. OK once up to speed on the open road, but a sod to drive in heavy town traffic, and quite difficult to get off without the bike falling over!! I sold it to a bloke who worked on the off sea oil rigs, I think he was setting off from north staffordshire to ride it back to Aberdeen! Never did hear if he made it.

Some clever editing there, but, yes, they seem to have a death wish.

Being uber brave is the only way to win, sadly as we all know there are always casualties.

I said i would never have a bike as i knew i would end up killing myself on one.

Those guys have got some bottle or they are just mental  ;)

Enjoyed the video.