Mallory Technical Advice

Nick Dunn

To all Mallory track day attendees,

Would anyone be prepared to give me a little technical advice at Mallory Park on Friday?  It's my first track day and first real opportunity to test the handling and performance of my car.  I've just changed the engine and would be very grateful for anyone who is prepared to take my car out with me for a few laps and give me some feedback on suspension set up.

Any takers???

Cheers

Nick

Are you after a track set up (which is all you can do, really), or a road set up?

I'd be happy to advise, and less happy to passenger (it's a control thing.....). All it needs from you is consistent lappery, and honest feedback, and we'll get you in the ball park, I reckon.........

All subject to my turning up, which is subject to the weather........

Eve'nin Blats  :D  :D

All subject to my turning up, which is subject to the weather........
Yah big southern softie  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D  :D

Evenin' Mr S

I've had my fair share of wet Mallory days, as you well know...... :p  :p  :p

Besides, nothing could be worse (wetter) than the drive from St Valery en Caux to Dieppe, on the Tuesday after Le Mans.......

It wasn't the weather at Scammy, but Knuckles pavement-pizza-in-a-bag, that makes it worse..........

Nick,

I'll be happy to give you some pointers. do you have the suspension pointing roughly right WRT camber/caster/toe ?

ACW.

Thanks Guys,

The car seems reasonably well set up when driven on the road, but this is coming from an absolute novice.  My main objective is to check the thing was built right in the first place, and that my switch from Xflow to Zetec hasn't made it any worse.  I suppose it can't be a million miles out, as it was on the road for 7 years before I acquired it in 2002.

Look forward to dabbling around on Friday, from another soft southerner who's praying for clear skies and dry tarmac.

Cheers

Nick

Nick

No worries chap - there are plenty of SS drivers attending who will only be too pleased to help you out - ACW was 2002 SS Champion and knows a thing or twelve about car set-up  :D  ;)  ;)  ;)  :D  :D

Don't forget we've got ARDS instructor Nick Kjaer helping out with his driving tips & advice  :D  :D  :D  ;)  ;)

The guys at ProComp are taking a set of cornerweights along with them if you wanna quick weigh up at lunchtime  :D  :D  :D  ;)  :D

Last but by no means least by any measure - Keith Scarfe 2001 & 2002 BARC Westfield Race Champion is also having a blat round and will have a natter with you, if you ask him nicely  :D  :D  :D  ;)  :D