Speed Series 2013 - Regs now out

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

The engine size is less clear

some events run up to 1800 , some up to 2000,

some just put us all in one class,

the hillclimbs tend to be 1700/2000 unless it is british championship then it is up to 2000

I belive the up to 1800cc was introduced in the SS to allow the factory 1800 zetecs to compete against the modified xflows and other 16valve engines, they had similar power (130/150hp). There are not many tuned 1800cc cars in sprints and hillclimbs at present so there is still balance

The 2000cc cars seem to produce quite a bit more power

Try not to get hung up on cc breaks because power has more of an influence.

My 190hp, 1600cc will have more than a std 2000cc zetec or similar engine.

You could run a 200hp xflow in the up to 1800cc class

It would be very difficult to regulate and police power outputs so that is why CC is used

Mark, thanks for the (very generous) offer. I'm waiting for certain clarification before making any more changes.

Just a thought, what is it that now differentiates class "A" from "C" and "B" from "D".

Just a thought, what is it that now differentiates class "A" from "C" and "B" from "D".

A and B are for novices only

I also think that hillclimbs are for people with more testes than brain cells -- just a personal opinion you understand.

I always preferred the hills for some reason, I have the requisite number of testes (I checked again this morning to be sure) :t-up: so I guess my brain cell must be all on its own :laugh::oops::o:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I understand stephenh's issue regarding windscreen v aeroscreen ( I have windscreen fitted) as an aerosceen has to be lighter and slippery through the air, a windscreen must be like a brick in comparison.

I have seen many cars across most classes including D ( I attended 2 events this season) which have rear diffusers and they do look the mutts nutts, my question is do they alter the bodywork silhouette ?

I was thinking of going down this road simply because they look cool/ purposefull so advice warmly received.

Pete

Diffusers are below the wheel centreline and do not alter the silhouette

They keep your rear wishbones nice and clean :d :d

Thanks John,

now searching for some ally sheet :)

Plays Kool sell a GRP one ready to go for not a lot

So I can keep my MickMade splitter? Would be good, as it helps to keep my battered nosecone in one piece!

Lots of talk about the aero dynamics of aeroscreen v full screen and Terry's probably right any advantage will only be felt at higher speeds though arguably you can't do much to improve the aerodynamics of a Westfield. Surely the big difference is the weight saving in not having to lug a screen and wiper motor around and that advantage is there from the minute you leave the start.

In David's case he negated the weight saving by adding a cage which I also suspect as creates drag which may be why he saw no difference.