Speed Series 2013 - Regs now out

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

Draft regulations together with 2013 Target Times and an explanation of the changes have been sent to all 2012 Drivers.

Later this week, when they have had a chance to look through them I will post here. But it does help to have them checked, Para 2 of section 3.2 needs changing to reflect the rule changes.

I don't understand the reference to windscreens/aeroscreens. In one part it says (for classes A-D) they can have either aeroscreen or windscreen, but in another place it says for those classes a full screen is required. I'm confused. ??? ??? :( :(

That's why Nick says that the second paragraph of 3.2 needs changing to reflect the new rules :) there's a small error at the mo :)

Ah will look forward to reading when they are released

That's why Nick says that the second paragraph of 3.2 needs changing to reflect the new rules :) there's a small error at the mo :)

So which is it? I've sold my aeroscreen, and part-ex'd for a 'screen fillet in my factory colour, and I've bought a 'screen and wiper kit.

So do I tell the friends doing my work on the car to stop fitting the 'screen or not? They were planning to finish the work tomorrow, I think. ??? ??? :( :( :(

So which is it? I've sold my aeroscreen, and part-ex'd for a 'screen fillet in my factory colour, and I've bought a 'screen and wiper kit.

So do I tell the friends doing my work on the car to stop fitting the 'screen or not? They were planning to finish the work tomorrow, I think. ??? ??? :( :( :(

I believe thats the case yes :) no need for a screen in A-D any more

Oh ****. :bangshead: :bangshead: :bangshead: :bangshead: :bangshead:

That puts anyone with a full screen at a serious disadvantage I should think. I'd be interested to see what Howard or Richard would say, but subject to their views and experience, I can say that when I was originally ordering my car from the factory, Simon Westwood told me they reckoned that the aeroscreen cars were about 10 mph slower in top speed than the full screen cars, for a given spec.

Oh ****. :bangshead: :bangshead: :bangshead: :bangshead: :bangshead:

That puts anyone with a full screen at a serious disadvantage I should think. I'd be interested to see what Howard or Richard would say, but subject to their views and experience, I can say that when I was originally ordering my car from the factory, Simon Westwood told me they reckoned that the aeroscreen cars were about 10 mph slower in top speed than the full screen cars, for a given spec.

Are you sure you have this the right way around :(

Stephen

Smokey is correct aero screens are now allowed in all the roadgoing classes.

Mark

I feel your pain stephen... :(

Bum as I also just spent a fortune on a screen and all associated bits

seems the road going classes are going to be quite popular then :)

f going to be quiet this year then :down:

So E / F is just differentiated by a sequential box now?

I find that when I’m slower it’s because of the windscreen and when I’m faster it’s because I’m a driving god. :devil:

Seriously though, I think it depends on the venue.

I suspect there’s little or no disadvantage to having a windscreen, compared to an aeroscreen, on the hills, but it may become a factor at the faster circuits and where you spend more time well over 100mph.

I was consistently quicker in 2011 in D with a windscreen, than I had been in 2010 in F with an aeroscreen, except at Anglesey – but that was due to the weather in September, and me having the wrong mindset at the October event. There were no other changes to the car between the seasons. However, I mostly do hills, which I prefer. If I did more circuits a speed/time difference might have shown up.

Perhaps it could be argued that I might have gone even quicker if I’d stayed with an aeroscreen.

At least you can blame the windscreen when you go slower and crow over those with an aeroscreen when you go quicker. :devil: