EDIT: Topic Now Redundant. Track-Focused Road-Legal Westy Wanted

AdamR

EDIT: The idiot has gone and put a deposit on an Evo! Talk about different end of the spectrum! Anyway, thanks to those who got in touch - I shall bear your cars in mind :)

Hello people,

A mate of mine is after a Westy, with the following sort of spec...

- Road legal.

- Track spec, and if it has been used on track previously that would be good.

- Full cage (unless there is room in the budget for him to fit one).

- BEC or CEC is fine, but something nudging 350-400bhp/ton ideally, and reliable with it.

He's got a max budget of around £12k, and is based near Towcester (Northampton / Milton Keynes - ish)

We're both keeping an eye out in the usual places, but anyone know of anything?

Thanks in advance!

Adam

He's got a max budget of around £12k, and is based near Towcester (Northampton / Milton Keynes - ish)

Or Silverstone as most of us know it by :t-up: :t-up: :t-up:

Thanks - replied.

I have a feeling my mate is going to go down the Japanese 4WD Turbo route as he has in the past :( But a great car might tempt him!

The silly billy has gone and put a deposit on an Evo! Talk about different end of the spectrum! Anyway, thanks to those who got in touch - I shall bear your cars in mind :)

Adam - hope you don't mind me jumping on this thread but I am also interested in the results of this request as I'm after upgrading my car once I have moved mine on.

If anyone is interested in a px, the advert for mine is in the for sale section.

Many thanks

Alistair

Absolutely not - boney has an awesome-sounding car that he would consider selling for the right money, although it sounds like he's upgrading rather than looking for a PX.

Cheers!

Adam

Mong

An Evo?

He'll regret that once he drives it after a Westfield. I had an S2000 for 5 weeks after using a Robin Hood, then got my Westfield and far exceeded expectations!

This is an eBay number for what might actually pull him away from the EVO

That car seems to be advertised with stunning regularity. I don't know if it's just constantly being traded between dealers or has a really high turn over of buyers. It may be a fine car, but I'd want to be checking it over with a much finer than normal toothed comb.

Can a dealer actually sell "sold as seen"?

Mong

An Evo?

He'll regret that once he drives it after a Westfield. I had an S2000 for 5 weeks after using a Robin Hood, then got my Westfield and far exceeded expectations!

Haha. Well he had a 400bhp one before, and really loved it - I thought driving mine would be enough to pull him away from the huge expense of tyres, brake pads, fuel and servicing, but obviously not :(

Haha. Well he had a 400bhp one before, and really loved it - I thought driving mine would be enough to pull him away from the huge expense of tyres, brake pads, fuel and servicing, but obviously not :(

Had mates with Z4's, focus ST's, TT Quattro, S3's and the like go out in mine, riding shotgun. Then gave them the keys. A few don't even get out of the car park!!! Just stop, get out and cry... Well not cry, but you know what I mean. I think some people want c0ck factor and bragging rights over adrenaline.

That car seems to be advertised with stunning regularity. I don't know if it's just constantly being traded between dealers or has a really high turn over of buyers. It may be a fine car, but I'd want to be checking it over with a much finer than normal toothed comb.

Can a dealer actually sell "sold as seen"?

It's been same pictures and gradually reducing price. The car does not look quite right and low profiles on what look like 17/18inch wheels wouldn't be a nice ride.

I didn't realise change of advertisers. Sold as seen is old hat and to me sounds like there will be an issue. A newbie wouldn't flash that kinda cash and anyone looking to spend that amount of money will want a hell of a lot of car. I wonder who sold it to the dealer and why... That's what interests me.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.