Computer Question

david.c

I know it's not a car question, but with about 80% of Westfield owners being in IT, I couldn't think of a better place to ask.   :durr:

I have set my computer to do a defragmentation and it's taking hours. It seems to keep restarting and going back over the areas it has already done.

:angry:

Is this normal?

At this rate it will still be going tomorrow :arse:

Cheers

David

it will take ages with a big fragmented disk. Thats why PC helpdesks always suggest you defrag and try again cos by then thier shift will be over and someone else will have to deal with it.......

Thanks Adrian

That's the quickest reply I've ever had :D

Oh well, looks like there shan't be any play on the Colin McCrae rally game tonight.  :arse:

What are you suggesting about computer support lines :0

Cheers

David

Oh and before you start your defrag make sure you have nothing else running - including any screensavers  ;)  :D  :)

For all computer stuff like this I always use

www.dotcomjunkies.com/members/w/Wiseman/forum/

If you look down the l/h side there's answers to all common stuff.

Westy

I had just wiped a whole load of work stuff as this is now the 'family computer' and thought I would finish up with a defrag. Set it running at about 1pm, and just checked it at 11.30pm and it's at 46% complete

:0  :0  :0  

Should be finished in the morning :zzz:  :zzz: I hope

Cheers

David